• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I miss Blackdown

Blunt Object

Inactive
Reaction score
I have been out of cadets for a while now and I niss camp. I was wondering if anyone could tell me of any links or websites with pictures, stories ect.. I only went for 2 years2002-2003 but anything would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks!!

Title changed to be less generic.

If you miss it so much why don't you go watch the Sunset Parade this year? I know a lot of former cadets go see it and there old cadet buddies.

GGHG_Cadet said:
If you miss it so much why don't you go watch the Sunset Parade this year? I know a lot of former cadets go see it and there old cadet buddies.

The Sunset Ceremony is at 1900 hrs on Thursday 11 August 2005. It is requested that guests be seated not later than 1830 hrs. Extra travel time should be allowed due to the anticipated traffic volume.

The Sunset Ceremony showcases the individual and combined talents of the Military Band, a 100 Cadet Honour Guard, the Pipes and Drums, and Highland Dancers

I saw a few old Camp buddies find eachother at last Sunset.. It was quite "Amusing" to say the least..
They must have had a very loud platoon..

I miss Blackdown horribly. I quit cadets in April to join the Reserves...but Borden was my most favorite place to be. It was so great...:(

:cdn:

Cool, the sunset is the day after I get sworn in, so I'll be in the area.  It will be neat to see one of those again, it's been a couple of years since I've been in Blackdown.

Yes, I know we all miss Blackdown but I was asking if anyone could post links knows of any websites about Blackdown. Thanks

Macleans magazine sent a reporter to Blackdown this past summer to do a story about the cadet movement diversifying and becoming more inclusive. They have a great photo link on their website, along with the original story. The photos really show the changes in blackdown, even from just 4 or 5 years ago. You'll notice the mess hall has changed quite a bit, as have the tents...i know i got to be in one of the last groups to sleep in a mod tent at blackdown. Enjoy...

http://www.macleans.ca/gallery/- click on Canadians in Training..it's part way down the page, the story is there as well.

CI L. Phillips said:
http://www.macleans.ca/gallery/- click on Canadians in Training..it's part way down the page, the story is there as well.

One of dem'dere cadets is mine!

...Amanda Montreuil, 13, from Hamilton...

The Crowe said:
The Sunset Ceremony is a good event to attend ... I was part of it in 2001, and 2002 and attended in 2003 and 2004.  If my courses this summer are finished before Sunset then I will likely attend this year, however that is unlikely at this point.

I cant say I miss Blackdown, I had my fill. 98-00 I was on course, and then 02-04 I was on staff, it was good times had all around, now I am happy enjoying my life outside of cadets.

The Crowe said:

Congrats on that...I encountered Miss Montreuil many times this past summer, perhaps not always for positive reasons...she knows.

Back