• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I need a realistic opinion

Newt

Inactive
Reaction score
I was 5f'd from the PRes a little over 6 years ago; I didn't meet my parade obligations, let's leave it at that.

Almost everyday for the last 4 years the idea of re-enrolling has crossed my mind. This past week I went to the recruiting centre to get the ball rolling. The MWO I talked with said that there was a pretty good chance of my getting back in. My records are being pulled from the archives this week and I was told I should get a call soon.

I need to know realistically, what are my chances?

If you can convince a MCC that you wont be 5f'd again, and that this time you'll be an asset to the CF, I think you have a good chance of being allowed the chance to apply again.

The Gues-|- said:
what does 5f'd mean?

Queen's Regulations and Orders Article 15.01, sub para 5 (f) Unsuitable for Further Service.

"Applies to the release of an officer or non-commissioned member who, either wholly or chiefly because of factors within his control, develops personal weakness or behaviour or has domestic or other personal problems that seriously impair his usefulness to or impose an excessive administrative burden on the Canadian Forces."

I work in a CFRC, and we do take some people that were 5f'd back in, they meet the CO or another MCC 9but mostly the CO), and if he thinks they are now fit for service, they can get back in....depends on circumstances.

I've also seen people released 5F and not allowed back in. 

beach_bum said:
I've also seen people released 5F and not allowed back in. 

And that may be the case for me, I've still gotta give it a go.

Back