• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Injured vet having trouble with VAC. I'm looking for others in my situation.....

Gavin Flett

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm an injured Afghan vet getting it from behind from VAC as far as my settlement. Policy needs to change, I know others are in my situation and I have a lawyer that wants to help. The more voices heard on this the better. Get ahold of me at my email and tell me your story. Gather everyone else in our situation.

I was injured in 08, now I'm looking at a very probable release due to an extremely limited use of my lower body. But VAC has deemed me only 5% disabled and has denied my appeal process according to their unreasonable chart. If you are in this situation or you know someone who is make your voice heard. Policy NEEDS to change for us and everyone else after us. Contact me, I would like to hear your story.

I think you need to provide more details - how did VAC get you?  Im sure once that is explained many others out there will be able to either sympathize with you or confirm if they have similiar circumstances...

Edit - Okay, somehow this post ended up third when it should have been second...

New policy sucks eh?
hit up some people who rolled a ankle in Bosnia on roto 13.they are making enough on top of their pay to retire on.

So what happened to you?What is the extent and how much are you being offered money wise?

I agree 100% policy needs to change...however with soldiers dying and getting injured a lot nowadays....they won't be changing anything.

I suggest tell your civilian friends about it.You wouldnt believe the fuss they can cause when they realize you can injure yourself in a IED blast and get no pension.Out on yer *** with a lump sum of what they think.

Edit to add:if your injured in A stan I doubt they would ever release you.Thats one thing the army is doing good there.

Here's one place you can share your story:

http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/41768.50.html

Hope you find what you seek & need, and good luck!

Back