• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

INT OP anyone?

Sig_Des said:
I miss your posts, JM!
Thanks A.....I'm livin' the dream -- for another 8 months    :p

The other day some military tourists from NDHQ asked, "doesn't the smell bother you?"  "What smell?"  ;)

On a related note, does anyone know why the change in policies with regards to recruiting? I also read on the 2 int site that they take from off the street...I was also told that the trade is short pers...doesn't make much sense to me. Thank you for all the replies so far...

Did you go in for an interview with the INT unit in question?

Just because they say they recruit off the street, doesn't mean that anyone off the street will be accepted.  They would have to have an interview and be accepted by the unit.  Even people who have other CF experience, may not pass that interview.

Understood...thanks.

No, I never got far enough for an interview. I will try again after University- with any luck I can get in the regs. For now I'm pretty much willing to take anything that gets me out of my current trade, as due to my location there was nothing else.

What is deployments like as an INT OP/INT Officer?  ...leaning more towards the officer world and even more towards the naval element.

As for deployments, the trade is very short on both Int Ops and Int Officers.  It has been my experience during the last few tours that all uniform colours of the Int trade are deploying to varying degrees.  If you want a 90% guarantee of a tour, ask for Army Int and get posted to a Brigade.  Hope this helps.

GP if you want more info on Navy Int give me.a shout via PM.

Back