• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Interview for Inf Officer (PRes) advice

slingknees

Reaction score
Excited to get notified today that I'll have my interview for Infantry Officer (PRes) next week- while I've been in the application process since the spring and feel like I have a reasonable expectation of what to expect, I know it's not a quick interview and I'm expecting some tough questions. My gut instinct is just to answer everything super honestly and transparently and not to worry about 'what they want to hear'- it's gotten me this far. Any curveballs I need to prepare for? And I'm assuming that they can't tell you anything about how the interview went either, you just have to wait for the offer to come in or not?

I was deemed 'suitable'! Still have to wait on some med form stuff but it looks like a go otherwise. Stoked to get the next steps going but I'm sure it won't be that quick

@slingknees Would you be willing to share some of the questions you were asked? Anything noteworthy? This is the most recent post I can find about CO interviews. Thanks!

@slingknees Would you be willing to share some of the questions you were asked? Anything noteworthy? This is the most recent post I can find about CO interviews. Thanks!
Yeah as the answer above gave, they tell you at the start of the interview that all questions are confidential and not to be shared- that being said, it is much like a normal job interview, except they're also double-checking that you've done your research into what will be expected of you in your chosen profession(s). That's about all the detail I can really give but just be honest in your answers and I'm sure you'll do well.

It's a trap!!!!!!!

Just kidding. Really enjoyed my 40 years in the Infantry - on a 37 year warranty on my body. And it started as a PRes Pte, then 7 years as an PRes Officer.

Back