• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

is height and fat and muscel a bad thing in the infantry

Island Ryhno said:
I think you should lay off the booze fat ***  ;D Long time no see Fry old buddy! Ok so you need fat in your diet, and you need a little fat on your frame. Excess fat is murderous on a frame, I used to be in really good shape, I got hurt, laid up for about 2 years and put on alot of fat, I'm paying for that now, like an sob. When I run, it's messy, but you know what, at 5'10" at least I run. The human body is the most amazing machine/technology in the world. We can actually adapt to anything, I was in good shape, then in round shape and now I'm leaning towards good shape again.  Below is a chart of recommended body fat percentages for age in males. Also some of you guys are insinuating that the military and particularly the combat arms (Esp Infantry) is a bastion of healthy people, being able to run, does not make you healthy. The infantry guys on here should know, **** alot of us/them live on chicken wings, beer and smokes. Drive the mind, the body will follow. It's all about having the jam to never give up.

Males age range Too Little  Healthy range  Overweight  Obese
20-30yrs           Below  8%     8 - 19%       19 - 25%   over 25%
31-40yrs           Below  8%     8 - 19%       19 - 25%   over 25%
41-50yrs           Below  11%   11 - 22%      22 - 27% over 27%
51-60yrs           Below  11%   11 - 22%      22 - 27% over 27%

Hey man... yeah I probably should stop the boozin a bit, I don't be at it a big lot though... LoL.

NavComm said:
Those fighting fit men are what keep the rest of us safe to do the other jobs that need doing.

In most cases they are also very nice to look at too... ;D

Springroll said:
In most cases they are also very nice to look at too... ;D

Well of course that goes without saying :D :D And when you're just sitting waiting to hurry up, you get to do a whole lot of gazing! :D

Back