• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is trade related to diploma?

yamcha4444

Inactive
Reaction score
I have been planning to join the Canadian Armed Forces for a few months now, specifically in the Weapons Engineering Technician, Air Weapons Technician and Artillery Soldier trades. I'm wondering if my Diploma (Resource Drilling and Blasting) is somehow related to any of those trades or any trades at all in the forces because a large portion of the courses in the program dealt with physics, rig maintenance (wielding, electronic repairs) and geography.

Thanks! 

Good afternoon. The Diploma for Resource Drilling and Blasting does not directly relate to the occupations you mentioned, although for Weapons Engineering Technician and Air Weapons Tech the physics and electronic repairs may be beneficial if you were selected for those occupations and went on to do your trades training.  For those occupations you require grade 10 academic math from high school and a science such as physics is an asset. For a trade more closely related to drilling and blasting Combat Engineer may be a better option. Certain diplomas do relate directly such as Police Foundations for Military Police and is a requirement for that occupation or a Electronic Engineering Technician diploma from an accredited college for Weapons Engineering Tech.

Back