• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

its the weekend, I have a question, and no recruiter

AFireinside13

Inactive
Reaction score
Unfortunately its the weekend and i cant call the recruiter, and my army friend is away this weekend. i am going to join reserves this summer and i want to join the infantry. I went to my local recruiter ( In Oshawa, Ontario regiment) and was told they are an armoured division. I know i have to go to toronto to hand in my application. i was wondering if someone can tell me where in toronto i have to go to give them my application. Also, the oshawa recruiter said that if i hand my application in this week i should make basic training, would the case still be the same for toronto? i appreciate any input that can be tossed my way.

Canadian Forces Recruiting
416-635-4490
100-4900 Yonge St,
North York, ON

Canadian Forces Recruiting
800-856-8488

http://www.recruiting.dnd.ca/engraph/faq/index_e.aspx

Sorry to hijack, but since the question has been answered (if it hasn't been answered a mod can split this off if they wish)

This caught my attention.
I went to my local recruiter ( In Oshawa, Ontario regiment) and was told they are an armoured division. I know i have to go to toronto to hand in my application.

Can somebody explain this more?  Does the Oshawa recruiting center only handle applications for the Ontario Regimet?  I will be applying for Reg. forces Infantry, will I go to the Toronto center or the Oshawa one.  The Oshawa one is closer but if it only handles applications for the Ontario Regiment, then I'll have to go into Toronto.

Thanks to anyone who can clear this up for me. :)

I would send an email to the recruiting centre using the web page @ http://www.recruiting.forces.gc.ca/engraph/contactus/sendmail_e.aspx

The Oshawa Recruting Centre is a detachment of the Toronto Centre.  Depending on the line-up and workload they may be referring you to Toronto rather than Oshawa.  Give the 1-800 number a chance and send an email as well.

CFRC Det Oshawa
The Armoury 53 Simcoe Street North
Oshawa, ON
L1G 4R9

Business Hours :
Mon-Thurs 0900-1600

Phone : 905-721-4000 ext 4098
Fax : 905-721-4013

Email : toronto@recruiting.dnd.ca

I'm new to speaking on this forum but this Topic caught my eye. The recruiting det in Oshawa is a CF recruiting centre. If you want to apply feel free to go there and start the process, but to my knowledge if you are looking to join the reserves and you want to go infantry you should find the Regiment you would like to join and get into contact with their recruiter. Because the recruiting det in Oshawa is in an Armoured Regiment location realistically they cannot recruit for an infantry reserve unit because they do not know if the specific unit you would like to join has any vacancies. But you can get all the info you need and they will also give you the contact numbers for the unit you wish to join. As a member of the day staff at that Regiment and having all my friends working in that location, this is th same info they would pass to you. Good luck

Back