• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

January 2010 BMQ

I got called today.

BMQ is in St-Jean Jan 11th, 2010
Leaving January 9th 2010.

Swearing on Dec 16, 2009

I live in Calgary.

Quick question, are we going to fly directly to St Jean?

Dante_Of_Canada said:
I got called today.

Swearing on Dec 16, 2009

I live in Calgary.
Congratulations,  I'll be seeing you in Calgary.

Quick question, are we going to fly directly to St Jean?
No, we'll be flying to Montreal and then getting a shuttle bus/taxi to CFLRS.  Search for joining instructions, it tells you everything you need to know.

kristennh said:
I also have Jan 11th Bmq in Borden, Being sworn in dec 17,  Going for Sonar Op, Im from London On

Just curious-- are you going reserves or reg forces?

bjork said:
Just curious-- are you going reserves or reg forces?

Let me see now.  BMQ.  Borden.  Jan 11th.  Sonar Operator.  Sounds like Regular Force to me.

Zyllon said:
I got the call today

BMQ is Borden Jan 11th, 2010

Swearing on Dec 16, 2009

I'm from Toronto,

How long did you have to wait between your medical and your enrollment selection..

:cdn: :salute:

George Wallace said:
Let me see now.  BMQ.  Borden.  Jan 11th.  Sonar Operator.  Sounds like Regular Force to me.

Is a Sonar Op only Regular Forces?  Can that not be a Reservist's trade?

bjork said:
Is a Sonar Op only Regular Forces?  Can that not be a Reservist's trade?

Here's your menu of part-time jobs.:
http://www.forces.ca/html/index.aspx?sm1=2&sm2=0&sm3=&sid=81&lang=en&b0=1

Note: I do not vouch for the accuracy of the link.

Congratulations everyone ! Good luck to all of you! I'm jumping on board too, I enroll Jan 8th and fly somewhere Jan 9th (I don't know where, forgot to ask) I'm going in for Lcis tech like alpheus . I was told by my file manager I would recieve information package some time.  Is anyone else in the same boat? Either way , good luck staying (or getting) in shape ! And see some of you soon!

Just if anybody wants to know, I applied  near the end of September and got called for my Apt Test + Medical a few days later, I just got a job offer this past Wednesday .
I was lucky it got quickly processed. Meet you all at the camp!

Swearing in Jan. 14th at CFRC Vancouver
Fly out on Jan. 16th
BMQ at CFB Borden starts Jan. 18th

I guess the first BMQ course was full so I caught the later one. Hopefully see some of you guys there  :warstory:

Swearing in CFRD Sudbury on 7 January, arriving at Borden the 16th, BMQ to start on the 18th.
SigOp here, stoked to get this rolling. You'll all know me by sight, I'll be the 5'6 120lb guy with the shit-eatin grin ;)

Any other SigOps slated for January BMQ @ Borden?

I will also be at borden on the 16th coming from edmonton.

Basic starts on the 18th with the last two posters.

going in for Nav Comm.

pretty anxious

Swearing in on the 6th at CFRC Montreal, will be at Borden on the 16th, starting on the 18th as well - Sig Op.

Well looks like there will be at least three SigOps for Jan18 BMQ, that's cool. I noticed AlexD you're going to Borden when you're coming from Montreal, a stones throw from St. Jean -- that eliminated my prev. thought that I was put on Borden for saving a plane ticket, but now I'm not sure why. I was originally course loaded for St. Jean (hell, some of my paperwork still say's St. Jean, and I got sent both St. Jean *and* Borden joining instructions ;) )  but later switched to Borden.

My best guess now is that they restructured the courses last minute.

Anyone else ad there BMQ location changed last minute?

Anyone else watching the youtube videos of 'basic up' to get an idea of what we are all in for come BMQ?

silverbirdtank said:
Anyone else watching the youtube videos of 'basic up' to get an idea of what we are all in for come BMQ?

There is "Basic Up: Reloaded" that is currently being posted on a weekly basis on the CF website. It's more recent than the original, though supposedly from 2006. All episodes should be up in 2 or 3 weeks time.

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/land-terre/life-vie/basic-voie/guide-eng.asp

There is also a thread on "Basic Up" that can be found here: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/52909.0

Good stuff Alex, thanks!

We are definately in for some hell, but probably the hardest and most rewarding thing we could ever hope to do.

Hello All!

What a great resource this is to find the information I need.  I've just received my offer and am heading to Borden to start my BMQ on January 19.

I'm in as an ATIS and looking forward to taking on the role when ready!

I'm 35, so no longer full of p*ss and vinegar hopefully my experience will serve me well @ the BMQ.  I'm nervous, excited and eager all at once to see whatthis is like....

Anyone else starting off on Jan 19 @ Borden?

Cheers to all

oops! Jan 18th...great start! Couldn't even getthe date right.

Back