• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

July 2024: Two GTA men arrested, charged with terrorism linked to ISIS

A bit more coming out re: the timeline ....
Archived link to the National Post piece also here if previous link doesn't work.
Can someone explain how someone from Eygpt can claim refugee status in Canada?

Can someone explain how someone from Eygpt can claim refugee status in Canada?
I could see certain circumstances where political asylum might be claimed, say if one holds dissident views against the government. The Egyptian government remains quite harsh against critics and opposition.

I could see certain circumstances where political asylum might be claimed, say if one holds dissident views against the government. The Egyptian government remains quite harsh against critics and

I could see certain circumstances where political asylum might be claimed, say if one holds dissident views against the government. The Egyptian government remains quite harsh against critics and opposition.
Show opposition to the Egyptian government is going to fall under 2 camps - Muslim Brotherhood on one side or ultra liberal full democracy supporter on the other side.
No way Canada, even under this current Federal Government, will let a Muslim Brotherhood supporter claim Refugee/Political Asylum. Kind of hard to believe that this guy was able to pull off ultra Liberal Democracy supporter and opposition to the Egyptian government.

Question, do we know where, which country, this individual made his claim from?

Show opposition to the Egyptian government is going to fall under 2 camps - Muslim Brotherhood on one side or ultra liberal full democracy supporter on the other side.
No way Canada, even under this current Federal Government, will let a Muslim Brotherhood supporter claim Refugee/Political Asylum. Kind of hard to believe that this guy was able to pull off ultra Liberal Democracy supporter and opposition to the Egyptian government.

Question, do we know where, which country, this individual made his claim from?
Shrug dunno. I was just answering, narrowly, the specific question you posed.

Back