• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Least appealing aspects

t.robichaud

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, I was looking at the interview prep and one of the questions is what are some of the least appealing aspects of the occupation and how will you deal with these more difficult aspects.

I am looking at becoming a pilot and if anybody can help point out the least appealing aspects of being a pilot can you please tell me.
Some things I came up with are being away from home for a long time, not being in a controlled work environment, and not being guaranteed to fly the aircraft that you want to fly.

Any help will be appreciated.

I'm not a pilot but you should start by reading some of the threads that have to do with pilots and becoming one.

I'll start you off with this thread:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/108851.0.html

Peoples appeal differ from person to person. Read the info, then ask yourself what you don't like about the job. Not being in a controlled work environment can be very appealing to some. Only you can determine what you don't like about the job.

Good Luck.

I am thinking that having to go through your career with a handle such as "Viper" or "Nervous Nelly" or "Wank".  I have never yet met an "Ice Man".  ;)

t.robichaud said:
Hi, I was looking at the interview prep and one of the questions is what are some of the least appealing aspects of the occupation and how will you deal with these more difficult aspects.

I am looking at becoming a pilot and if anybody can help point out the least appealing aspects of being a pilot can you please tell me.
Some things I came up with are being away from home for a long time, not being in a controlled work environment, and not being guaranteed to fly the aircraft that you want to fly.

Any help will be appreciated.

There's nothing wrong with the reasons you stated in your post, as long as they really bother you. I was told to just tell the truth and if nothing bothers you, say that. The only thing I probably wouldn't say is that you are afraid of flying :)

Back