• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

leaving camp on weekends early

fraken14

Inactive
Reaction score
I have to go to wedding this summer and it goes during camp time. I'd have to leave on Friday before lunch and come back after lunch Monday. Is this possible and is there alot of paper work involved. I'm going to CL at Blackdown.

It is usually possible, as long as your not missing any really important information (like a PO test or something similar). Talk to your PltComd when you get to camp and they'll try and help you out.

GGHG_Cadet
you sound like you've been to camp more than one summer so how important are the battalion parades?

I've got to go to a wedding too and my parents would probably pick me up early saturday morning so that I can get ready so I'd likely have to miss battalion parade.

Battalion Parades are important but cadets have left on Fridays and Saturday mornings before. As long as they have valid reasons (a wedding would count) it should be ok to miss it.

Since a wedding is a valid reason for missing a battalion parade would it be a valid reason for a course cadet doing the 2 week course?

Leaving a two week course early, is a common fail for the course. As its such a small time. I know from experience, that though staff etc. there has been people that have been failed for leaving early. However, I dont know the updated rules at this time. Hope it helps

Sgt. Dargie:
My sister would like kill herself if she missed the wedding. I'm sure she would pass the course even if she went to the wedding cause she'd only be gone one day.

2 week courses do not participate in Battalion Parades because their training does not permit them to be. They train on the Saturdays and maybe Sundays, Basics also do not get leave so therefore I doubt you would be able to get out for the weekend.

There should be no problem in leaving for the wedding. Just have a note from your mom or dad stating that you will be leaving on a Friday for a family commitment

If your going to be in my Coy this Summer let me Know

You will be allowed to leave camp for personal reasons as long as you give the Coy OC lots of advanced warning of the dates you need to be away. You wil also need one of your guardians to contact the OC to verify that they are ok with you leaving camp and who with.

fmcgrimm said:
You will be allowed to leave camp for personal reasons as long as you give the Coy OC lots of advanced warning of the dates you need to be away. You wil also need one of your guardians to contact the OC to verify that they are ok with you leaving camp and who with.

Thats what I was trying to say Frank.Thats why your the Major and I am a Captain.

Foxtrot Coy 2006

GO SENS GO

Back