• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Level II security clearance (secret level)

justmyalias said:
as I mentioned., my home addresses are not my problem.  It's the other things I listed.

What is the problem then?  You need to list the locations that you have resided.  You say that isn't a problem.  You need to list where you were employed (address of the company or whatever you worked for) and/or the address of the education institution you attended.  That shouldn't be a problem either.  You will have to list References and their contact information and addresses.  If you have them, then that isn't a problem either.  If you were unemployed, then you say so.  Do your RESEARCH and answer the questions. 

If you can not read the instructions and follow them, then stop now.  Don't apply.  Let the people who have to do the Screenings work on the Clearance of someone that really needs it.

incorrect.
a unit,regiment,squadron,troop. incorrect.
the person required said security clearance is
required to
a: fill out copious forms for the mil police.
b: all form's include the person requiring said
clearance,family background,known associate's,
friend's, aqquatances.
c: once background check is done on said person
requiring said clearance by mil police all info is then
forwarded to the security section(in my day RCMP)
were the security agency at the time.
d: once said(rcmp) completed back ground check
and results were sent back to the mp requesting.
1. yes/no
e: when all background, pertinent info ect was
cleared said member requesting clearence was
awarded the clearence of (secret)
anyway that was back in my day, and yes i are
secret. still,,,
is this still on

scoty b
just curious is all
ps cheer's

Scoty

A person has to fill out TBS/SCT 330-60e which is a long form requiring all the afore mentioned information dating back ten years for a Lvl II, or higher, Clearance.  The person also has to fill out a Personnel Screening, Consent and Authorization Form TBS/SCT 330-23e.  The person needs a DWAN Acct to submit this electronically, and sign the completed hardcopy (print before submitting electronically).  The person also needs to submit three passport size photos of themself (for Lvl III) with the completed and signed hardcopy.  Later, when their Clearance is to be processed, they will have to be fingerprinted by the MPs or RCMP and have those prints submitted to DPM Secur 2.  NOTE:  Even if you are already fingerprinted for a NDI 20, you still have to have it done again for DPM Secur 2.  Then you wait.

GW, what's the processing time for a Level III these days?  I kinda got into no man's land.  I submitted my Level II update in 2006, nothing was done on it, as of 2 weeks ago (it was in QC for all that time), and my clearance expires in November this year.  I tried to get my Level II update cancelled several time, but everybody that tried failed to do so, until my current USS tried.  I filled the Level III paperwork and am waiting for more...

Thanks,

SupersonicMax said:
GW, what's the processing time for a Level III these days?  I kinda got into no man's land.  I submitted my Level II update in 2006, nothing was done on it, as of 2 weeks ago (it was in QC for all that time), and my clearance expires in November this year.  I tried to get my Level II update cancelled several time, but everybody that tried failed to do so, until my current USS tried.  I filled the Level III paperwork and am waiting for more...

Thanks,

A Lvl III for someone who isn't deploying will take up to three years; a Lvl II up to 18 months.  If you have a Lvl II already, and have to do an update, you still have a Lvl II, so don't worry.  Once your Clearance has gone to QC then the Clearance is out of everyone's control but DPM Secur 2.  Best advice if you are permitted to go for a Lvl III is to wait until your Lvl II comes back for the "Initial Briefing", sign that, and then have your USS immediately initate your Lvl III application.  If you are in a Trade or posn that does not require a Lvl III, then DPM Secur 2 will reject your application.  NOTE:  For pers born outside of Canada, they will also have to submit copy of their Citizen Certificate with their signed hardcopies.

George Wallace said:
A Lvl III for someone who isn't deploying will take up to three years; a Lvl II up to 18 months.  If you have a Lvl II already, and have to do an update, you still have a Lvl II, so don't worry.  Once your Clearance has gone to QC then the Clearance is out of everyone's control but DPM Secur 2.  Best advice if you are permitted to go for a Lvl III is to wait until your Lvl II comes back for the "Initial Briefing", sign that, and then have your USS immediately initate your Lvl III application.  If you are in a Trade or posn that does not require a Lvl III, then DPM Secur 2 will reject your application.  NOTE:  For pers born outside of Canada, they will also have to submit copy of their Citizen Certificate with their signed hardcopies.

The level II update was already cancelled by my USS (some of the information was not relevant/valid anymore) and he initiated the level III.  I do require a Level III for my work.

SupersonicMax said:
The level II update was already cancelled by my USS (some of the information was not relevant/valid anymore) and he initiated the level III.  I do require a Level III for my work.

That I can't answer.  Most officers hold Lvl II.

George Wallace said:
At the same time, although the equipment itself may SEEM to be unclassified, as soon as you start playing with crypto it is a whole different ballgame. 

Yep, it takes on the clearance of the crypto it holds. Still lets members take courses on the equipment, they just won't be able to use it to the full potential.

Max, are you upgrading to Level III, or updating to maintain the currency of your current clearance? My update has been processing for over a year, but since it is filed at DPM Secur I'm still authorized to access information (with a need to know) up to my current clearance level.

PuckChaser, I cancelled the Level II update (My current Level) and requested a Level III clearance.

PuckChaser said:
Max, are you upgrading to Level III, or updating to maintain the currency of your current clearance? My update has been processing for over a year, but since it is filed at DPM Secur I'm still authorized to access information (with a need to know) up to my current clearance level.

That's nothing.  Until April of this year, my last Level III clearance date was 1998.  It seems as though every time you submit an update with new information, it zaps the older one and you go to the bottom of the electronic pile.  I've been waiting for my SA for two years now. 

There's slow, and there's DPM Secur slow.

That's been my experience, too, Occam.  My last one went in 2006 and still hasn't been updated.  Apparently, they're more concerned about new ones getting done than renewals.  Your security clearance never really "expires" anyway.

SupersonicMax said:
PuckChaser, I cancelled the Level II update (My current Level) and requested a Level III clearance.

I have a feeling your paperwork is sitting on the wrong desk somewhere. It's happened to a few people I know, clearance was completed, but sat on a desk for months until someone called and it was processed next day. If you do need it for operational reasons, your clearance can be put on top of the pile as a priority.

Occam: I wasn't complaining, I have a feeling it'll be a while until it is completed. As long as I have access to the information I need, I'm happy.

George,
In regard's to ready to go's initial requetst for info:
A course/job  requirement is not the issue it's the posting.
concur with the form's as ive stated i have filled out regard's
posting to (shhh comox) job involved) working for MP's.
My point was it is not only the person's background. (hint)
After the MP's background check(approved) as far as they
go then said form's(like mine) are forwarded to next level.
In my day (RCMP) as they were the int agency at the time
before they branched of and be came csis.
Anyway hope I clarified.
ready to go: best of luck.
Scoty B

PMedMoe said:
That's been my experience, too, Occam.  My last one went in 2006 and still hasn't been updated.  Apparently, they're more concerned about new ones getting done than renewals.  Your security clearance never really "expires" anyway.

Bit of a necropost:  Just received notice that my security clearance has been completed and sent for batching.  Guess I should start now for 2016.....  ::)

Copy George. In my day you filled out form such and such. One the Miltary Police concluded you were ok
they sent info to RCMP. When your Sec Clearence was approved then you were sent on Crse. Then to
appropriate unit, where said same Sec Clearence was needed. But then again I'm 25 yrs outa date.
Cheer's. Scoty B.  P.S. Only Zipperhead's know for sure.

PMedMoe said:
Bit of a necropost:  Just received notice that my security clearance has been completed and sent for batching.  Guess I should start now for 2016.....  ::)
I don't know if it is because I'm such a great guy, or they're understaffed and undergunned, but, when I came due I filled in the update.  And in the matter of a couple of months or less they said, "fuck it, you're extended another 10 years".  It could be that most of my family I needed to list are all deceased... makes inquiries that much easier. 

jollyjacktar said:
It could be that most of my family I needed to list are all deceased... makes inquiries that much easier.

Depending on how you read it, like me you may have raised an eyebrow at that statement.

"Coming in September to TLC, a reality show like no other....CSIS Medium"

jollyjacktar said:
It could be that most of my family I needed to list are all deceased... makes inquiries that much easier.

Now that you mention it, my info is out of date because my Dad passed away last year......  But all my relatives would have been checked out from the original clearance anyway.

Occam said:
Depending on how you read it, like me you may have raised an eyebrow at that statement.

"Coming in September to TLC, a reality show like no other....CSIS Medium"

;D

Last renewal I got a complaint that I'd left the place of birth of one relative blank, listing only the province.  "We need the name of the city!" they said.  "Her birth certificate doesn't have one - only the latitude and longitude where she was born." I replied.

Let's hear it for rural Saskatchewan.!

:rofl:  That must have really thrown them for a loop.

I had 14 brothers and sisters - makes for a fun time when they want family info.  Don't have contact with most so last time they told me to indicate that if I didn't have the contact information.  Good thing too as a couple I didn't even know what city they were in.  Best I could give was somewhere in Canada (they moved a lot).  Can't wait for my next one - should be the easiest ever as I only lived in 2 places (I used to move a lot too).

Back