• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Meaford Summer 2004

Jason Bourne

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey Troops,

Just wondering who was all at LFCATC Meaford this summer for BMQ (res), SQ( reg. and res.) and BIQ (res and reg). I'm sure theres has to be some students and staff kicking around here. (btw...the CO's daughter...in one word. HOT..just had to get that one in :p)

Jason

If by Meaford you mean "Home of the CF Weather Machine" or "Tank Track Central", then yes, I was there.

You mean you don't like the tank ruts while doing section attacks!? *chuckles*

That was bad, but at least I could see them then. It was the night patrols that got worse.  :rage:

Hahah...ahh...section attacks in the tank ruts...those hated tank ruts. Good ground for digging trenches though...at least my trench wasn't in water :)

Yeah the ground in Meaford is great for digging trenches  ::) Only took me and my fireteam partner a full day of digging to get just over waist deep.

Full day and waist deep, good job.  My guys had the back hoe dig 1/4 of them and they still where only at just over shell scrape by the end of the day.

Yeah, it's brutal... wait until you get about 2 feet down and you're hitting clay and limestone.. it's brutal. However, it makes for good times, lots to talk about.:)

We had the backhoe dig our frontline trenches, so we could all see what a stage 3 trench looks like and how to operate in them, but the rest, we all had to dig ourselves.

I've dug a couple there.   It doesn't get much easier.   By stage 3 I take it your speaking of the old stage 6, with revetment, ohp, grenade sumps (not a urinal), wire and ramparts.

In regards to the tank tracks, sorry about that.   But hitting a partially collapsed/filled in trenched isn't to pain less either. ;D :cdn:

Ya I forgot to clarify that.. I am referring to the old stage 6 with OHP all that jazz. :)

MasterCorporal I just hit rock!

- Then use the pickaxe!

10 minutes later.....

MasterCorporal! The Pickaxe just broke!
;D

ahh meaford...

there is a reason I love going to borden to train... even if the fire index is usually between insane and retarded

I remember during SQ, my fireteam partners and I thought we had lucked out when we discovered a previously dug shell scrape system (only to our ankles, but any help in Meaford is nice) that was filled with lumps of old clay and grass. Unfortunately, the grass several inches down had yet to dry. So it had rotted, along with the grungy water made for an unholy stench. God only knows what we discovered. So we made the best of lying in that soup for a couple hours. The platoon commander walked by and remarked, "Jesus, what the hell is that stink?", and so we had the dubious honour of getting to move over a few feet, and re-digging. Unforunately, the odour remained, until we filled it back in, the Pandora's box awaiting the next group.  :'(

meaford was alright the only thing i really dreaded was going up WARNER HILL.......then back down .......then back up.....then when you think its your last time going up and you starting to ruk towards the paved road the platoon turns around and you do it again! not to mention that our SQ FTX was 90% downpour.

I remember one night during the SQ FTX.  I was running across our position around the time of a fight for somre reason.  It was foggy and dark as hell, I could not see my hands if I held them out.  I ran and ran and fell into a stage 3 trench full of water and mud.

It took a good hour to clean that C9 afterwards.

I was there for sq... day and a half left in the FTX i tore a ligament in my knee and in my ankle finished the course on a cane. Still the FTX kicked ass with the 4 days of non stop rain and the other days with the boiling heat.

Heh. Anyone with C Coy last summer might remember me. You know, that guy with extra small pinky... :D

I was there for SQ BIQ in 10 PL AKA "Cock Platoon"

Anyone else!

If by Meaford you mean "Home of the CF Weather Machine"

You obviously never been to ValCartier....where it rains 6 days out of 7!  ;D  (I did my SQ there...took weeks to get everything dry)

I was in Meaford for my Armd Recce course between the end of July to the end of August.  It only rained 3 days....the rest was nice and sunny.  I love Meaford!

Three days? Three days? You must be kidding! I love how there is pouring rain at one end of the base, and sunshine on the parade square. Never seen anything like it. Rained on each of our days in the field, yet barely anything else while indoors. Rained while standing to attention in the square, but the sun broke out upon entering the mess. I stand by my assessment!  ;D

Back