• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical a MOC trainning

BEEFY06

Inactive
Reaction score
Well i have done a search on the army web site, and some information does come up. But what im really looking for is when the QL3 course startes in Borden. And also i was looking for what kind of PO's or EDO's that the course has on it. Im just trying to get a head start on some research.
For anyone that can point me in the right direction i appreciate it...

Follow PMedMoe 's advice and brush up on your P&A. Coming from the west coast, if your knowledge is rusty, get yourself loaded onto the base's Advance Medical First Responder, Level 1 (AMFR1) course. The school is run by an ex-PMed Dick Orman. or brush up on your ACLS training.

ACLS has no bearing on a PCP standard of care (a la QL3 Med tech).  There's no disrhythmia recognition, virtually no IV drugs, no advanced airway skills....the list goes on.  It might all be "nice to know" but it sure ain't "need to know".

The aforementioned gentleman should've hung it up a long time ago, and probably shouldn't be teaching anything more the a SFA/CPR course at this point, despite the fact that he's managed to convince the higher-ups that he's the guru.

While I respect his knowledge of HOW TO TRAIN, I often find myself disagreeing with WHAT HE TRAINS.

If you're in Victoria, look into a EMR (not AFMR) course at the JI, or a Red Cross program.

Above all, know your A&P, as that is what everything else follows on from.

Edit typo

Not to be rude, but you might want to brush up on grammar, spelling and proper sentence structure as well.

You're right...coffee first, post second!

And could this be moved to the Med board, too?

ParaMedTech said:
You're right...coffee first, post second!

Oops!  I didn't mean you, I meant the original poster!  So sorry.....open mouth, insert foot
f_footinmouth.gif

As for dates for the next TQ3 courses there are quite a few.  Your best bet would be to go on the CFMSS school site, they list the next course dates and the EO's that you will be seeing on the clinical portion.  After the clinical portion you will be going to JIBC for the paramedic (PCP) portion then back to CFMSS for the 2 week field portion.  Hope this answers a few questions, here is the CFMSS site link.

http://borden.mil.ca/cfmss_cfdss/index_e.asp

To all those that have inserted there comments and words of advce. Thank you very much, and yes my sentence structor sucks ass..lol...

Back