• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Merit boards for D.E.O.

spqr said:
I didn't see anything about adresses for the last ten years of schools and employers.  It seems familiar but It doesn't seem to be in the joining instructions.

Rob

It's for the security clearance. Don't forget to fill that out if you haven't already before you leave.

Here's a link a convenient computer-fillable pdf version of it
http://www.ciisd.gc.ca/text/forms/fillable/60/TBS330-60Fill-e.pdf

Also, out of curiosity, who is bussing and who is flying to Montreal on the 6th? I have to bus but I'm debating taking the $13 shuttle to the airport to meet up with Axechartier or anyone else coming in, but if Marty or anyone else is doing the bus thing as well we should make an effort to all meet up before heading out to St. Jean. Just a thought!

I'll be flying out of Calgary on the 6th.  I don't have the flight onfo yet.  I swear in in Dec 20th so I won't worry about the details until then.  A BMQ is starting on the same dat as us so I imagine it will be a packed pickup.

Funny note.  A couple of guys/kids that worked for me this past summer are going to that BMQ.  It'll be surreal to fly with those jokers and I'll be glad to meet up wth folks for IAP.

xmarcx said:
Also, out of curiosity, who is bussing and who is flying to Montreal on the 6th? I have to bus but I'm debating taking the $13 shuttle to the airport to meet up with Axechartier or anyone else coming in, but if Marty or anyone else is doing the bus thing as well we should make an effort to all meet up before heading out to St. Jean. Just a thought!

I don't know the details of my voyage, but I do know I will be training it up to Montreal.  Once I found out arrival times etc...I'll let you guys know, I'm down for meeting up for our trip to St Jean.
You guys realize we're forming a sort of 'clique' here eh, poor guys that will be joining us in St. Jean who don't use these forums.  At anyrate, goo Habs!  :D

It's "clique", I guess that means you're out.

That's ok though, you're still in the Worlds Greatest Hockey Team Fans Clique. ;)

spqr said:
It's "clique", I guess that means you're out.

"Click" is the English translation of the French word "clique".

But if you're cheering for the Habs, "clique" would be right.

Go Habs go!

Elwood said:
"Click" is the English translation of the French word "clique".

Actually, I would say you are wrong.  "Click" is one thing, but even the English use the French spelling for what we are talking about here; a clique.  (At least according to my Roget's Thesaurus.)   ;D

And from the Oxford Dictionary (which we in the CF use.):

clique
/kleek/

• noun a small group of people who spend time together and do not readily allow others to join them.

— DERIVATIVES cliquey adjective cliquish adjective.

— ORIGIN French, from Old French cliquer ‘make a noise’.

I wouldn't mind being part of this "clique" myself, as I certainly don't want to be excluded. :) 

I have been following up on this thread for a while and I hope I can join you guys for IAP in January. I'm in the same boat as ThainC here, I'm waiting for an offer from them. I will be calling them in the next few days, actually probably tomorrow to see if they have some news for me. I'll keep you guys posted on any new developments.

As my profile says, I'm from Calgary, and if I happen to fly out on the 6th as you spqr, then hopefully we can meet up on the plane. I'm always up for some jokes. And besides, the more the merrier. :)

According to the OED, "click" has the same etymological origin as "clique" from the French verb "cliquer".

But comparing "click" to "clique" in the OED, it seems that you're right George in saying that "clique" is the better word to use in this case. I'll make sure to consult my OED before posting about precice English or French use again!

Oxford English Dictionary:

"Click: secure one's object, come to an agreement, be successful, be understood, become friendly with person..."
"Clique: small exclusive group; coterie..."

hopeful_officer_girl said:
I wouldn't mind being part of this "clique" myself, as I certainly don't want to be excluded. :) 

I have been following up on this thread for a while and I hope I can join you guys for IAP in January. I'm in the same boat as ThainC here, I'm waiting for an offer from them. I will be calling them in the next few days, actually probably tomorrow to see if they have some news for me. I'll keep you guys posted on any new developments.

Thank gawd, someone else in my age bracket! Hope to see you there  ;D

Bingo. Not to say that any of the other esteemed candidates are old, by any means, but it'd be nice if there were a few of us who, how should I put this, actually have to think about what the heck they're going to put in their photo frame  :P

xmarcx said:
Bingo. Not to say that any of the other esteemed candidates are old, by any means, but it'd be nice if there were a few of us who, how should I put this, actually have to think about what the heck they're going to put in their photo frame  :P

umm a pic of mom and dad  ;D lol

xmarcx said:
, but it'd be nice if there were a few of us who, how should I put this, actually have to think about what the heck they're going to put in their photo frame  :P

I am going to put a picture of myself, I have no one else.

LOL! I think I'd laugh if I walked in and saw a picture of you sitting on your desk.  Go Get 'Em, Tiger ;)

I think I'm going to get a picture of Axechartier, just to creep him out  :-*

xmarcx said:

LOL Marc, do it!  Anyone see Borat yet?  I was going to put a pic of me giving a thumbs up to my son's weewee but nah, he's only 4 soooo eww

xmarcx said:

I'd be more interested in the reaction from the course instructors and such... :)

xmarcx said:

Don't inflate my ego anymore or I'll have to put up a picture of your lady friend.  >:D

Back