• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Discounts List

When I ordered a few pairs of sole custom foot beds from yoursole.com I asked if they offered military discounts. They gave me 25% off.

http://atomicatattoo.com/

Hamilton Based Tattoo Shop give a 10% Discount on everything to any members of DND.

not sure if this works for everybody, but Fitness world gave me 50% off on my monthly pass because i told them i was getting ready to go to the army.

Also theres a guy on the Canadian Forces facebook group who is always posting about his website which gives discounts to veterans i think.

For those of you interested in going on a cruise,

www.vacationstogo.com offers a list of discounts that cruise lines provide to American and Canadian military personnel, active, retired, regular and reserve.

Ippocalyptica said:
For those of you interested in going on a cruise,

www.vacationstogo.com offers a list of discounts that cruise lines provide to American and Canadian military personnel, active, retired, regular and reserve.

Ok! finally something I can attest too.  I did not use vacations to go, however we did get a military discount on a cruise. The amount of the discount will depend on cruiseline, where, and when you go. The discount was applied on top of all other discounts.  It was great!!

emma

Marks Work Warehouse (L'Equiper) in St-Jean offered(s) a 10% to members. No ID was required when I went in, I think the haircut gave it away though, I didn't even have to ask for the discount. This discount may be chain wide, however I'm not sure, haven't tried out the other stores yet.

A shoe palce in Winnipeg gives 15% off to military members. Work Authority by ISECO.

Yes, the US Government is way ahead of us here in Canada when it comes to taking care of it's Military for sure. When you are called out for duty and you have to leave your job, any job, the Employer has to keep your job open for you till you get back.  I know one department store in Seattle that goes a few more steps. They will pay the employee the difference in pay between Military pay and what you made in your job and you keep your seniority and benefits.

We should organize this list by city so that troops can quickly navigate to the right page. I don't have the time, but any volunteers?

An interesting suggestion, but the list start at "April 14, 2003".
Is the beginning of the thread still good today ?

hooters in winnipeg near the airport has I think on wednesday nights food discounts for military :)

Just found this link at work.

http://www3.cfpsa.com/canexdiscounts/home.aspx?Lang=EN

It's a listing of discounts locally and nationally.  I haven't cruised it all yet but it looks promising.

bwatch said:
Yes, the US Government is way ahead of us here in Canada when it comes to taking care of it's Military for sure. When you are called out for duty and you have to leave your job, any job, the Employer has to keep your job open for you till you get back.  I know one department store in Seattle that goes a few more steps. They will pay the employee the difference in pay between Military pay and what you made in your job and you keep your seniority and benefits.

Be careful what you wish for - because that's fine if you have a job, but there's been rumblings of discrimination against Reservists and Guardsmen in the US because employers don't want to get stuck with someone who's going to get deployed...

McDonald's locations in the Halifax Regional Municipality (all as far as I'm aware) give a 14% DND discount, applied before taxes so it's actually taking the equivalent value of tax off plus a little more. Some stores may have been changed to 13% to match taxes but some have not. This may be more widespread but I'm not aware of such.

I wonder what it would take to have the Canex sell tax free to the Canadian Millitary? would there be a public outcry?

Stoker said:
I wonder what it would take to have the Canex sell tax free to the Canadian Millitary? would there be a public outcry?

Sure there would be. I'd yell too.

Canex, like most retail outlets has "save the taxes" day sales.

Why should we in the CF be the beneficiary of such all the time?? We live in the country -- we pay the taxes, else we are not citizens.

I really am becoming baffled by more and more inferrences towards "we deserve this because we serve our country", you know, little things that average Canadians don't get, especially when we all volunteered to serve that country -- and I didn't join with the goal to avoid paying taxes, shop tax-free, travel free on Via etc. Even when, at risk to their own finacial viability and stability, some business' offer us something for free -- some  always complain that it doesn't go "far enough" or isn't "good enough". That's crap. Be happy they care enough to give you anything for free.

I'm feeling a distinct sense of "entitlement creep" in some soldiers these days -- based on nothing more than the fact that they serve. So do fire-fighters, police officers, etc etc. Not saying that you've done that with your post above, but it just brings the thought back to my mind again.

Vagrant said:
McDonald's locations in the Halifax Regional Municipality (all as far as I'm aware) give a 14% DND discount, applied before taxes so it's actually taking the equivalent value of tax off plus a little more. Some stores may have been changed to 13% to match taxes but some have not. This may be more widespread but I'm not aware of such.

McDonalds' here in Oromocto offer the same military discount. Heard someone bitching at Tim Hortons the other day asking why they didn't "treat us the same as McDonalds by offering the same thing?" I just wanted to smack him upside the head. What a tool.

ArmyVern said:
McDonalds' here in Oromocto offer the same military discount. Heard someone bitching at Tim Hortons the other day asking why they didn't "treat us the same as McDonalds by offering the same thing?" I just wanted to smack him upside the head. What a tool.

Sure it wasn't NL Engineer lol  ;D >:D

NFLD Sapper said:
Sure it wasn't NL Engineer lol  ;D >:D

Not judging by the 8 points on his capbadge.  ;)

Speaking of him though -- I expected to hear from him, but haven't yet. He's probably busy out assisting with the laying of cement pads or some other such stuff.  >:D

Back