• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Police Assessment Centre (MPAC)

Hey guys, i was talking to my recruiter today. It started off he was telling me that there was suppose to be one in May but after my conversation with him yesterday he said that there is one for sure in June but the question is; when in June.

We all seem to be in the same boat and hopefuly it is worth the wait

Cheers

I took an offer from the Military for my Second Choice of Armoured Crewman, deciding that I could not wait until June to go to MPAC and maybe get considered for the job and wait even longer to be loaded on to an MPAC if I wasnt chosen the first time around...and even longer for a bmq date.

So now I leave July 24th for Basic, and couldnt be more excited. I plan on trying to OT in the last year of my contract to MP.

I hope its worth the wait everyone....good luck!

MP_Bound said:
I took an offer from the Military for my Second Choice of Armoured Crewman, deciding that I could not wait until June to go to MPAC and maybe get considered for the job and wait even longer to be loaded on to an MPAC if I wasnt chosen the first time around...and even longer for a bmq date.

So now I leave July 24th for Basic, and couldnt be more excited. I plan on trying to OT in the last year of my contract to MP.

I hope its worth the wait everyone....good luck!

I'm in the same boat with Combat Engineer. I'm stressing as to what I should do, if I wait for the MPAC then dont make it Combat Engineer will probably be gone/full.

MP_Bound, when did you get the job offer? I thought BMQ's were loading for October and up currently...did you get someone elses slot?  :eek:

EpicBeardedMan said:
I'm in the same boat with Combat Engineer. I'm stressing as to what I should do, if I wait for the MPAC then dont make it Combat Engineer will probably be gone/full.

MP_Bound, when did you get the job offer? I thought BMQ's were loading for October and up currently...did you get someone elses slot?  :eek:

I got the offer April 7th and was loaded onto the July 26th BMQ. I just weighed the pros and cons of the decision, whether it was worth waiting for a maybe....or taking an offer now and transferring once im in.

I obviously decided it would be best to go now and try to transfer later.

I cant tell you what choice you should make, but just make sure you think about it before you make the decision

MP_Bound said:
I cant tell you what choice you should make, but just make sure you think about it before you make the decision

Probably the hardest decision of my life thus far lol.

I can help with that ... CBT ENG is full for this year ...

Otis said:
I can help with that ... CBT ENG is full for this year ...

Haha well I guess that helps :p. I heard they were still hiring lots of MP's and Signal Operators.

Okay, Someone asked me this question at the RC yesterday.

the next MPAC/MPOAC dates are between 4-11 June, now that means that between those dates there is an MPAC and MPOAC, so hopefully that can shed some light on the MPAC question in June.

I don' t have the exact serial dates.... yet.

Cheers!

Jingo

EpicBeardedMan said:
Haha well I guess that helps :p. I heard they were still hiring lots of MP's and Signal Operators.

I got called today and was told that I was on the national merit list but that all my selections were full.  So with in a half hour I was in the recruiting centre seeing what else was open.  I switched to MP for my first choice and I got a glance at the openings list when they were asking me what I wanted to do.  There are about 60 spaces for NCM MP still up for grabs.

Jingo said:
Okay, Someone asked me this question at the RC yesterday.

the next MPAC/MPOAC dates are between 4-11 June, now that means that between those dates there is an MPAC and MPOAC, so hopefully that can shed some light on the MPAC question in June.

I don' t have the exact serial dates.... yet.

Cheers!

Jingo

Just wondering if I'm in time for the MPAC in June since I only just got my file updated today.  My interview and medical are done and went well so I don't know if there is anything else that needs to be taken care of before then.  Is a month enough time for the CF to get all the paper work done?

Lol yeah a recruiter already answered this same question in the thread that PMedMoe linked.

See, it doesn't pay to start a new thread, you might miss some information.  ;)

Was your interview done for MP?
Did you hand in your Driver's Abstract?
Do they have your college transcripts for Police Foundations?

Seeing as you were on the merit list for a different trade there should be no reason not to merit list you for MP as long as the above three questions were yes.

Cheers and good luck!

how long has everybody been waiting to get loaded onto an MPAC?... I've been waiting since October...

I called yesterday and was told that noones been loaded for it yet and they'll be calling soon =\

anyone have any news yet? i was talking to a recruiter in ottawa today and he said he doesnt think the board has even started loading anybody onto the upcoming mpac yet.

Please Be patient.

Recruiting HQ want the best of the best to be MP's so they choose carefully who they want to go on their MPACs, as there are only so many slots per serial. If you make the cut you will be called. If you don't make the cut for this serial, you will remain on the merit list and wait out for the next one. There are a lot of MP applicants trying out this year (at least from our centre).

We aren't hiring Mall Cops here, this is the real deal...
While you wait to find out if you are selected for this MPAC, I have attached "Mall Ninja" for your reading pleasure: http://doodiepants.com/2009/12/09/the-legend-of-the-mall-ninja-gecko45/

Just got off the phone with my file manager and he told me the course has been loaded...and that I wasn't selected this time around...told me my file looked good and that i'm still merit listed and that it was really competitive this time around...nxt date is november/December...hope this helps 

Back