• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Police Assessment Centre (MPAC)

got the call last week, confirmed date yesterday, oct 20-22, good luck to all hopefully we all get hired!

jg93 said:
got the call last week, confirmed date yesterday, oct 20-22, good luck to all hopefully we all get hired!
nevermind apparently im not going now, im on the waiting list for the october one and "should be there for december" but who knows, regardless, best of luck to everyone going.

jg93 said:
nevermind apparently im not going now, im on the waiting list for the october one and "should be there for december" but who knows, regardless, best of luck to everyone going.

The same thing happened to me. I got an invite call. Then when I called back to confirm dates they said that they made a mistake and I was not actually on the list.

Anyone else getting nervous about this MPAC ? Since i went to get to get my plane tickets at my CFRC, I was barely able to write a sentence for my master degree.

^ Yeah... Before, I was totally stressed about waiting and waiting, wondering if I'd get picked for an MPAC.  Now I'm stressed wondering how I'll do there :p

Veovius, can I ask you how much time exactly you had to wait to be on this MPAC. Luckily, in my case, I only waited 11 days after my interview to be put on this MPAC. Didn't have much time to be nervous since i handed my application the 28 of August of this year.

Until then, I'll try to work on my stress level since they will be evaluating how we work under pressure there. However, it's hard not to be anxious about this since we have so little information on the MPAC.

But still, my CFRC gave me the chance to go prove myself in Borden so I'll do my best to show them they didn't make a mistake by sending me there. Worked two years before as a reservist and I really want to make a career as a Military police.

Lucky you only waiting 11 days!!  It's been 3 1/2 months for me!

Anyways, here's my info copied from the "Application Process Samples" thread.

Recruiting Center: Victoria
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Military Police
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: April 23, 2010
First Contact: May 28, 2010
Med, aptitude, first interview completed: June 17, 2010

MagiChrist, by the sounds of it, I think you could have been Merit Listed the same day they created the Final MPAC list, and still get selected. Sounds like a pretty strong applicant.

It's been almost a week since talking to my CFRC, but last we chatted, they couldn't tell me if I made the selection list or not. I still haven't been called to be notified either way, therefore, I'm left to believe that I didn't make this one.

I applied on May 21, and my CFRC closed their office for almost two months the week later. How frustrating is that? When they opened back up, I was precessed pretty quickly, and Merit Listed in late August / early September.

Good luck to those heading to Borden.

Veovius, thank you for the informations. I saw the "Application Process Samples" thread with your application just after I posted my message. Looks like it's gonna be a long trip for you since you're coming all the way from Victoria. My CFRC is in Quebec so it's only 1h30 of flight.

Recruiting Center: Quebec
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Military Police
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: August 27, 2010
First Contact: September 02, 2010
Aptitude Test : Already done with the Reserve
Medical and first interview completed : September 19, 2010
Called for MPAC : September 29, 2010

Precept, you shouldn't give up yet on this MPAC. I was sure that I wasn't selected this time around too and they called me three days ago. Some people have been called as far as ten days before the event. At your place, I would give them a call Monday morning to ask them for more informations.

I talked to my career councillor and was told that although I am merit listed I may not make this MPAC, so I'm just assuming that I won't be attending. But the positive news I received was that the trade is now frozen to new applicants which means only people who've already applied or are in process are going to be considered. Let's hope they hold another MPAC soon!

MagiChrist said:
Precept, you shouldn't give up yet on this MPAC. I was sure that I wasn't selected this time around too and they called me three days ago. Some people have been called as far as ten days before the event. At your place, I would give them a call Monday morning to ask them for more informations.

They can't get rid of me that easily ;). I've been calling my File Manager all afternoon, but I think she is out of the office, as she isn't answering the phone.

MagiChrist :  I was given a copy of an email in my travel package that said:

"Here is the MPAC list"....then:

"Here is the AMENDED MPAC list, addition in red".

It sounded singular I think (not in front of me right now), so I guess Precept may be right!

(edited for grammar)

I was wondering if anyone knew roughly how long it takes after an MPAC before they get the call?  A few people I've asked generally answered around a couple months.  Is that normal?  I imagine it takes a while to review everyone's documentation, interviews, etc. before they make their final choice.

I don't know if this is normal or not, but I had a response about 2 months after doing it, and this was over the Christmas break.

I've been told by multiple people "In the know" that it takes 3 weeks to get an answer regarding how you made out during the MPAC.

A friend of mine attended MPAC, and he was told he made it shortly before the 3 week mark.

I have also been told by my CFRC to expect an answer before the third week mark. They also told me to expect to be on a francophone BMQ this January if I had an offer for MP.

Veovius, since you have the amended MPAC list with you, do you mind if the others MP candidates pm you to know if they made it for the October MPAC. This is of course if you have the right to do so. I think it would make a lot of people less nervous around here.

On another note, I have no idea why my file was processed that fast. I just think my File Manager did a really good job with my application. He always called me one or two times a week and gave me a lot of informations about my file (can't thank him enough for this).

Unfortunately, I don't actually have the list, just the emails saying they were amended.  Now that the list is out, everyone should be getting called pretty quick here.  Being proactive helps too; every time I got news from the recruiting centre, it was always a couple days after I called them to check for updates :)

man i'm so jealous that all you guys made it. I've been on the waiting list for a couple months now and i was just told yesterday i didn't make the cut to go to MPAC in Nov. Told me my portfolio is a strong avg. but not competitive enough due to the high level of applicants...told me if i don't hear anything within the next few months i should think of changing occupations... I wish i knew how to make my portfolio look more competitive...any of you who made it can point me to the right direction?

Back