• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Police Assessment Centre (MPAC)

anyone heard anything more about the mpacs that might be happening in the next 2 months? just got off the phone with my file manager and he said no word has been passed on to him about any for the rest of the year, said selections from the last mpac were still on going and nothing will happen until that is done.

I was in the Oct 23-26 MPAC and haven't heard anything back yet.
The rumor mill in this forum has people stating that there is an MPAC in December, but I can't confirm that yet. I'll PM you if I find anything out.

I called my File Manager today. She told me they were still waiting for the selection list.

5 minutes later she called back to tell me that they got the list this morning, and it just hadn't made its way to her yet. It contained one name from CFRC Halifax, and it wasn't mine.

Finally all the waiting paid off! I received an invite for December 7th to 9th MPAC.

Good luck to all the candidates who are going to the MPAC for December 7th to 9th. Just a few tips for you guys, first of all be yourself, be honest with the assessors and take this as an experience and not as a test.

Yeah, will keep that in mind MagiChrist, as similar to Precept, I gave Toronto a call today and was told I was 'ready to go' and then transferred me to the Booking Clerk.

Got the voicemail, so I left a message giving my service # etc. saying I needed to be booked for an MPEC. And so I wait.

Well, I just heard the good news....I'm hired! I get sworn in on December 14th, and I'm heading to Borden the beginning of January. I was exempt from having to go to St. Jean, Quebec. Anyone gonna be there with me?

Congratulations for your job offer MPwannabe. Me and Federalist_Frog will also be there but since we are francophones, I don't know if we will see each other.

MPwannabe said:
Well, I just heard the good news....I'm hired! I get sworn in on December 14th, and I'm heading to Borden the beginning of January. I was exempt from having to go to St. Jean, Quebec. Anyone gonna be there with me?

Kudos MP.

Not sure if this one of those appropriate questions to ask on here, though what the hell I'll ask anyway. What enabled you to become exempted from St. Jean. In your case, was it simply an acquired amount of credentials met with precision, along with a solid MPAC behind you?

All I am is curious, though I'm sure I've answered my own question.

Again, congrats.

I just got an email from my recruiter, and my BMQ got switched to St. Jean!  I wonder why.....

Re-ac-tor said:
Kudos MP.

Not sure if this one of those appropriate questions to ask on here, though what the hell I'll ask anyway. What enabled you to become exempted from St. Jean. In your case, was it simply an acquired amount of credentials met with precision, along with a solid MPAC behind you?

All I am is curious, though I'm sure I've answered my own question.

Again, congrats.

His earlier posts show he has a reserve BMQ, and I imagine he was exempted from having to do-over.....

Re-ac-tor,

Tommy is right. Even though I haven't paraded in five years, I was told I am exempt from having to do the BMQ over again. It's a good thing they really 'drill' drill into you, or I'd be worried about looking like a greasy civilian trying to be a soldier.

I get sworn in on December 14th, and I haven't received my orders yet on when I'm supposed to arrived in Borden, but I'm assuming I'll be going there a bit early to receive my kit and get myself sorted out.

Thanks for the kudos,
MPwannabe

With regards to your PM: Your credentials are very good. That will get you into the MPAC I'm sure. It's just a waiting game once the recruiting office lets you know you're merit listed.

just to clear things up a bit, i got my stuff for the MPAC for dec 3-5, also i found out that a second round was on the 7-9th of december.

anyone who just went through it have any advise, or can shed any light as too what will be happening

cheers, and good luck to all applicants

PLMafia said:
anyone who just went through it have any advise, or can shed any light as too what will be happening
MPAC is an assessment and, like the tests at the recruiting center, not to be discussed.

^^ What he said.

Just go there with a head full of common sense and have fun! It's not stressful, don't worry.

So who's coming to MPAC Dec 7th to 9th with me? Anyone from the board? I know I'm new here but just curious

Phoned Toronto today, and turns out the Booking Clerk who handles MPAC's is in Borden for 'another few weeks'.

I don't know if the Private I spoke with on Tues. Nov. 16 threw me false hope or not with this. He listed my merit list position as 'favourable', the application was sent to CFRG in Ottawa, and then proceeded to transfer my call to the Booking Clerk, whom I left the message with and now won't hear for some time.

When I relayed this information back to the woman I was speaking with, she considered me almost brash in a sense; as I figured she thought I was simply calling in randomly looking to be booked for an MPAC post haste. She then explained to me that this is not how the process works and that they call you, not the other way around.

I then explained to her that I understood completely, as I merely called in on Nov. 16 looking for an update on my application, wherein the Private said I was 'good to go' and thus transferred me to the Booking Clerk to schedule an MPAC, where I left the message. She then reiterated that this is not how it's done.

And so that leaves me here, somewhat frustrated, and venting.

Re-ac-tor,

I know it probably won't help, but you're not the only one waiting, or with a similar situation.  I too applied through the Toronto offices, performed all the required tests, interviews, and medicals.  I called, was told that my situation looked "pretty good" for this year, but still I wait. 
I take solace in knowing that I did everything that I could (I continue to do PT and other volunteer work).  "Hurry up and wait" is my reply when asked by friends and family if I've heard any news on my "Army thing" (Navy was my choice).
From everything I've read, heard, and been told, we will not be forgotten, we're still on the list, we'll get the call eventually.
All that being said, I understand your frustration.  Take solace in knowing you're not the only one in the "hurry up and wait" boat, going through the same range of emotions.
Good Luck!  :)

Re-ac-tor,

to touch on what was said above I'd say 95% of the people posting on this board have been told exactly what you're being told, the guys getting hired now and going through MPACS have paid those dues, talk to some of them individually and most of the time they were once in your and our spot right now...in 3 weeks it's been a year since I was told my files good to go just waiting for the call...we are all in the same spot here

Back