• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Monthly Pay after deductions - Questions [Merged]

If you are married and/or have dependants you will not pay R&Q's, on the reasoning that you are already paying rent/mortgage, and you have a family to support.

....provided you have Dependent(s) that are Dependent(s) IAW the CF definition, if I may add, and that said dependent(s) reside in the residence you are maintaining.

You may also qualify for Seperation Expense (if you are not receiving TDA) IIRC.  I am not at work and can't bring up the ref, but I don't think you have to have reached career status and/or have your QL3 (for NCMs, can't recall what it is for Officers, sorry) to recieve SE (unlike Posting Allowances, for instance).

...you will not have to pay Rations and Quarters, and on top of that , like EITS said, you will receive almost 400 bucks a month separation pay( if you live with your dependants...and tax free by the way ).
  And all the single guys will hate you for it!

when I was talking to recruiting yesterday accepting my offer I asked about pay during basic and they told me that for the first 3 pays you simply get a predetermined amount of $500 as a cheque and by the 4th pay you get back pay for what they still owe u from the first 3 and it would be on direct deposit by then. Is this right? and if so do they have deductions taken from them? How the heck do I get those first few cheques into my bank account during indoc period ? Is there a CIBC bank machine there or just BMO ?

I'm just guessing they will be like most employers and during your first week, you bring a blank cheque from the account you want it deposited in and they work their magical wonders at (hopefully) getting it into your account.  Just taking a stab in the dark on this one but I'm certain I've seen this somewhere, probably on this site somewhere or, even on this site:

http://www.cflrs.forces.gc.ca/menu/pd/ir-ji/index-eng.asp#6

Ah yes, thar she be matey :)

armychick2009 said:
I'm just guessing they will be like most employers and during your first week, you bring a blank cheque from the account you want it deposited in and they work their magical wonders at (hopefully) getting it into your account.  Just taking a stab in the dark on this one but I'm certain I've seen this somewhere, probably on this site somewhere or, even on this site:

http://www.cflrs.forces.gc.ca/menu/pd/ir-ji/index-eng.asp#6

Ah yes, thar she be matey :)

yes but that doesn't say if it takes them some time to setup that up using the void cheque . According to recruiting it takes about a month and a half .

Katw,

I just confirmed with my 9er. If you bring in a void cheque or bank form with your banking information, your first pay will be direct deposit into the account. She is 100% sure of this information.

hmm sounds like recruiting in Halifax must be completely behind the times if that's the case. Any idea if its like they said though just $500 ? or is it a normal pay?

Halifax is not entirely wrong. It all depends the day you start your course. If you start two days before payday, then yes it'll take a month for your pay to be direct deposited. If your course, for example, starts on the 18th there is more than enough time for your information to be into the pay system and for your pay to be direct deposited.

As long as the information provided (void cheque or bank form) is correct and there is no other issues.

erikh said:
I'm getting these figures right from my pay statement (2009-12-02).

Current pay and allowances: $2,624
Deductions: $1,361.69
Single Quarters: $92.00
Rations: $493.82

$1361.69 does include your Single Quarters and Rations right? I just want be clear.

Otherwise your net pay would be something like $338.25 twice a month and that does not sound right.

So your net pay right now is $631.16?

cheers

No, deductions include CPP, TAXES, PENSION PLAN, MESS DUES, etc....

NFLD Sapper said:

I found this on this thread, 2007 numbers and they seem reasonable about $650 a pay
Pay rate:  2421.00
Supplemental death benefits: 5.85
Employment Insurance: 47.21
CF Pension and CPP: 203.44
SISSIP/LTD: 5.07
Income Taxes: 415.51
Sales tax: 0.53
Single quarters: 74.00
Rations: 365.61

Total deductions: 1117.22

Net take home pay:  1303.78

Are you sure? Sorry its just that $340 is very low...

Well this is what I was handed today at my swearing in ceremony
Pay rate single $2624
Deductions
Sup. Death benefits $635
EI $36.21
CPF Pension + CPP $253.46
SISIP-LTD $.43
Income tax (Fed+Prov) $381.61
PPIP $12.70
Sales tax $0.57
Singles quarters $92
Rations $493.82
Total Deductions: $1281.15

Net Pay $1342.85

kratz said:
Halifax is not entirely wrong. It all depends the day you start your course. If you start two days before payday, then yes it'll take a month for your pay to be direct deposited. If your course, for example, starts on the 18th there is more than enough time for your information to be into the pay system and for your pay to be direct deposited.

As long as the information provided (void cheque or bank form) is correct and there is no other issues.

If your course starts 2 days before pay day then they should be able to direct deposit your next pay if you are setup already in the system.  If your course starts the 18th then there is a good chance you will be waiting until the 15th of the next month as the pay run will either already be completed or in process.  Unless they decide to be really nice and do a DFT for you (which is what I would do rather than issue a cheque).

NFLD Sapper said:

Wow - if that doesn't include R&Q then someone is over paying their taxes.

I arrive at CFLRS on the 6th of March and start BMQ on the 8th  how likely does it sound that I would get direct deposit ?

Katw said:
I arrive at CFLRS on the 6th of March and start BMQ on the 8th  how likely does it sound that I would get direct deposit ?

Did you read the previous posts?

You really don't have to worry.  You are going to be too busy and too tired, so much so tha you will not have the time to go to the Bank/Bank machine, let alone spend any money.

BearPusher said:
Well this is what I was handed today at my swearing in ceremony
Pay rate single $2624
Deductions
Sup. Death benefits $635EI $36.21
CPF Pension + CPP $253.46
SISIP-LTD $.43
Income tax (Fed+Prov) $381.61
PPIP $12.70
Sales tax $0.57
Singles quarters $92
Rations $493.82
Total Deductions: $1281.15

Net Pay $1342.85

$635 for SDB per month?  Holy fack, that can't be correct.  I am looking at my mid-Jan pay statement and SDB is $11.25.

I also thought the fed/provincial income tax seemed low as well so maybe they just fucked up the numbers.

Eye In The Sky said:
$635 for SDB per month?  Holy fack, that can't be correct.  I am looking at my mid-Jan pay statement and SDB is $11.25.

I also thought the fed/provincial income tax seemed low as well so maybe they just ****ed up the numbers.

I am sure he just missed a dot... Taxes seems to make sense with the other who posted back in 2007. Low income = low taxes!

Back