• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My Introduction

BlackHalo

Inactive
Reaction score
As people always seem to say when calling into radio talk shows, "I'm a long time listener (browser in this case), first time caller (poster)"

I've had my application in process since April 2008 and found out the other day that everything has cleared and that I'm just waiting for an opening to come up. I'm very excited and anxious as most new/prospective recruits are. I hope this is the proper place for this since I couldn't find a specific place for intro's but I felt this would be a good place seeing as I'm going in as a combat trade. I have my two choices of Infantry as No.1 and Armour as No.2. Right now I haven't been told as to which one I'll be getting but I'm assuming it'll be Infantry as it is my first choice.

I'm looking forward to finishing up BMQ and serving alongside of some of the best people around! I'll be updating as I get news. Until then, I'll keep up my training schedule and keep my phone close by!

Derek

BlackHalo said:
As people always seem to say when calling into radio talk shows, "I'm a long time listener (browser in this case), first time caller (poster)"

I've had my application in process since April 2008 and found out the other day that everything has cleared and that I'm just waiting for an opening to come up. I'm very excited and anxious as most new/prospective recruits are. I hope this is the proper place for this since I couldn't find a specific place for intro's but I felt this would be a good place seeing as I'm going in as a combat trade. I have my two choices of Infantry as No.1 and Armour as No.2. Right now I haven't been told as to which one I'll be getting but I'm assuming it'll be Infantry as it is my first choice.

I'm looking forward to finishing up BMQ and serving alongside of some of the best people around! I'll be updating as I get news. Until then, I'll keep up my training schedule and keep my phone close by!

Derek

Don't assume you will get an offer for Infantry because its your first choice.  In fact, Crewman (Armour) has more openings according to the info I am looking at right now (ISS Occupation Status Matrix) than Infantry does.

(Armour is Red at 10.6%, Infmn is Green at 106%)

I'm not pickey as to which job I end up getting. I can always remuster later on down the road if things change. I'll be thrilled to be accepted and start my training.  :salute:

BlackHalo said:
I'm not pickey as to which job I end up getting.

Always a good plan.  Think of your choices as "OR" rather than a prioritized list -- you'll get one offer, and that may not be your #1.

BlackHalo said:
I can always remuster later on down the road if things change.

Possibly not such a good plan.  When you become eligible for or desirous of an occupational transfer, your trade or situation may not permit it.  Apply for the job(s) you want and take them; update your plans as you progress in your career.

Shamrock said:
Possibly not such a good plan.  When you become eligible for or desirous of an occupational transfer, your trade or situation may not permit it.  Apply for the job(s) you want and take them; update your plans as you progress in your career.

Exactly the reason I chose the two that I did.  8)

I only put them in the order I did because thats the order I found them searching the CF Recruiting website. :)

BlackHalo said:
I can always remuster later on down the road if things change.

I have a long list of freinds and other people i know who had this mentality and have never been accepted for a remuster for various reasons. If you are smart, and i hope you are, you will pick a trade that you will be happy with for 25 years just in case.

"i can always remuster later" is a bad plan.

canadian_moose said:
it could take 6-18 months to remuster, and sometimes it will be denied.

Just to add....that time frame is from the point you are eligible to remuster....36 months for Cmbt Arms under LOTP...48 months of service for all others...IAW CFAO 11-12.

canadian_moose said:
and sometimes it will be denied.

Yup........not everyone gets throught the selection board for the trade they want to OT to.

Back