• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My Story...Just the begining.

Celticgirl said:
My bf is in the air force (Log O) and after 20 years of postings (and probably one more to do after his current 'new' posting), he's getting tired of moving around. I certainly can't blame him. However, it's nice to know that if I go reg now, the option to switch over later is there. It's always nice to have options.  :)

Just got a message from my bf and he agrees with my decision to go reg force now (I sent him the same quote above along with another one via email to see what he thinks, since he's the experienced one). Perhaps we will do BMQ together, Soldier Girl. Feel free to PM me anytime.  :)  :cdn:

Well that's great to hear. The CFRC told that if I was really worried about being posted away from my family, to take the same branch(?) as my husband. So he's army I go army. But I chose army or airforce... You can PM me too anytime....

Sig_Des said:
Just to clarify, when you said Logistics, did you mean Logistics Officer? Because both RMS Clerk and Supply Tech fall under the Logistics Branch

Yes, I was considering Log O, but I think RMS Clerk is more my speed. :)

Soldiergirl said:
The CFRC told that if I was really worried about being posted away from my family, to take the same branch(?) as my husband. So he's army I go army. But I chose army or airforce... You can PM me too anytime....

Army and Air Force are elements, not branches.  The same branch would be the same (or similar) trade.  It can still limit your postings but RMS Clerk and Sup Tech are trades needed just about anywhere.

PMedMoe said:
Army and Air Force are elements, not branches.  The same branch would be the same (or similar) trade.  It can still limit your postings but RMS Clerk and Sup Tech are trades needed just about anywhere.

Some of us are still learning the lingo, so thanks for that clarification.  :)  Army is an element, logistics is a branch. Got it.  :cdnsalute:

PMedMoe said:

Thanks for clearing that up Moe!! I knew it was something like that.

Just checking up on ya, Soldiergirl. How goes the GED? :)

It's kind of funny reading my own posts above because I have changed my mind so many times since then, and ultimately my choices were/are: (1) AEC, (2) Log O, and (3) TDO. I wasn't sure how my boyfriend would react to the fact that I went reg force officer, but he is actually very supportive of my choice and proud of my aspirations.

Anyway, I was just thinking about you today when I was heading back from the CFRC and I was wondering how your own journey is proceeding.

Wow I haven't been here for awhile, so I thought I'd update. So many things have happened since the last time I posted on the site. Where to begin???

OK going back a couple of years...Last time I was here I was getting ready to do my GED, I did and FAILED MATH!!! Argg I passed everything but math. So I signed up to do it again but it would take a couple of months. In that time I looked at every math website and revised my GED book the whole time. And this is where things change...

Hubby got word that we were going to be posted to Borden, Ont. So we did everything that goes with a posting and waited. Shortly after returning from our HHT hubby found out that the posting was to someone else. But the good thing was that his remuster came through. He took it and we were posted to Cold Lake, AB. We have been here since July of 2008.

So back to now...I've worked a couple more crappy jobs. Rescheduled my GED and studying. Test is on the 20Th.. and I WILL pass it this time!!! Already reapplied for the CF, with everything on hold till April I'll be OK.

So that's my story. Besides my husband and kids no else in the family knows about my decision. Everyone was somewhat upset the first time I applied. An that's one of the reasons it was easier for me to put it my dreams aside. I didn't want to disappoint anyone. But, I've come to realise that making everyone around me are happy was not gonna make ME happy. I'm done with all that it's my time now. I'm older and my boys are older and don't need me as much. As long as my husband and kids are OK with is I'm good to go!!!!

That's it, I'm done. Wish me luck!!!

So

Good luck, Soldiergirl! Thanks for sharing your story, and please keep us posted.  :salute:

Back