• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

LVT-2  Definitely American.... Could also be some form of Combat Car....

tango22a

kkwd said:
Marmon Herrington Type CTLS-4TAC or 4TA.

Yup, you got it, it's an American Marmon Herrington CTLS-4TAY. They saw some action against the Japanese in WW2.  M1 Combat car is a good guess, but it is tracked.  I could sort of see the LVT profile also.

-Steve

Oddly enough, there was one sitting in the CFS St. John's vehicle compound up until a few years ago.

a Sig Op said:
Oddly enough, there was one sitting in the CFS St. John's vehicle compound up until a few years ago.

I posted a link to a video in this thread a few years ago. The link is no longer valid but that video must be out there still floating around somewhere. It was about that very tank.

Rumor  has it there's more in the bog in White Hills.

There were multiple used by the American's for defence of what was then Fort Pepperell during WWII.

Quite some time back, I was kicking myself for not having a pic of it for this thread.

Steve1987 said:
Yup, you got it, it's an American Marmon Herrington CTLS-4TAY. They saw some action against the Japanese in WW2.  M1 Combat car is a good guess, but it is tracked.  I could sort of see the LVT profile also.

-Steve

The term "combat car" was used to get around retriction on who could own tanks in the US military, had nothing to do with tracks or wheels, just one of those legal work around oddity's.

I don't have anything to contribute right now, fill your boots and post one if you can.

a Sig Op said:

It was moved a number of years ago to be restored and placed on the front lawn of some legion....

Larry Strong said:
Christy M1921 fore runner of the LVT

Close, but since Christie's nomenclature for his vehicles didn't always coincide year with the marque, I'll give it to you. 

It's the "M1923".  His 1921 version was a 6 wheel/track vehicle.

Some additional photos with the vehicles in a more appropriate environment.

Char 2C. I googled "Huge French tank" came up right away ;) Feel free to repost another as I am at work.......

img_6_12847_0.jpg

1931 ACL (Ateliers et Chantiers de la Loire) Assult Gun. Prototype form only. 135mm Gun.  ;)

Back