• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Navy MOC training question

kelly874

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all.  I'm hoping there are some navy techs out there who can answer a question for me. I have applied to the navy, with my first choice being Naval Weapons Tech, second being Naval Electronic Tech (Acoustic, Communications or Tactical - I'll do any of them). My question is regarding the MOC training -for NWT it is approximately 80 weeks, for NET it's approximately 63. When in MOC training, is it just like going to college? I mean, is it classes all day for the duration of the training, or are there breaks where a person finds themselves doing something else? Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

During the day, the class periods are scheduled like school, typically 8-4, with breaks in between, and lunch as well. 

NS

For the NET's

Academics - 0800-1600 hrs with 3 days a week you are required to go to PT in the morning prior to classes

Equipment phase - 0800-1600 hrs or 1600-2359 hrs or 0000-0800 hrs

Normally equipment phases for NET's involves shift working due to the demand on the trainers.

Back