• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Army.ca Game (HEADLINES)

NEW MILITARY HARDWARE SHOWS A SOFT UNDEBELLY
(ROOTERS)
You've heard of smart bombs?
Well these new ones they have developed use the intelligence powers of the local military police.
Studies show that they are often off target, don't really do the job well. Are used best at for harassing fire.

Out of the ten dropped so far, the only target they successfully hit was the local donut shop.

A spokeman from Raytheon industries said today "..in the last thirty years of developing these weapons, this is the FIRST, recorded step backward in the industry."

Smart bombs come in the 500,1000 and 2000 pound range.
The new MP bomb comes in a variety of shapes and sizes is heavier than your average bomb, most pilots complain that when compared to other weapons packages they are not as sleek looking and are  "rather dumpy" They like to think of themselves as real bombs but when compared to your average GBU-10 they often fall short of the mark.

Other military analysts have discovered the weapons system does not stand well to scrutiny and it has been reported that in the field Sunni rebels and Taliban extremest are finding ways to thwart the device.

The most effective way is to question its delivery system, and contest the results.

mover1 said:
]
ericcollar.jpg

Since when did Detective Munch from Law and Order SVU become a padre?
It was right after "Homicide: life on the Street" was cancelled.  Man, I loved that show!

Ok.. seriously..

I'm not Det. Munch.  Not in the slightest...

Let's not insult me that way..  Shall we compare. (the lesser of two evils)

th_ericcrop.jpg
240px-Neo.jpg
180px-Detective_John_Munch_-_Richard_Belzer.jpg

Definitely more Matrix/Neo... than Det. Munch.

Not that I want to play in Dogstar or anything  ::) ;)

Well, after that post, I'm not sure who will need therapy more, you, or me.

Trinity said:
Ok.. seriously..

I'm not Det. Munch.  Not in the slightest...

Let's not insult me that way..  Shall we compare. (the lesser of two evils)

th_ericcrop.jpg
240px-Neo.jpg
180px-Detective_John_Munch_-_Richard_Belzer.jpg

Definitely more Matrix/Neo... than Det. Munch.

Not that I want to play in Dogstar or anything  ::) ;)

Naw, you're more Munchian than Neopian.  And that's a good thing.
:D

And here is the good Padre after 30 years of service in the forces...
Look what you have all done to him

HL

Biker%20Scouts.jpg

A Halloween pictorial of Downtown Ottawa
For this year's theme, NDHQ decided to go Imperial.

AndrewS said:

Conservative staffers soon decided that the DEU's needed to be alterted to more closely resemble their ideological tendancies.

(:dontpanic:)

Biker%20Scouts.jpg

Before his life of crime, Jabba tried desperately to fit in with the rest of the citizenry, even joined the imperial army.

He found all the marching and the tight stiff armour too restricting....

dileas

tess

Biker%20Scouts.jpg

Airsoft Stormtruppen. 

"Does anyone know where I can by real stormtrooper armour? 'Cause that, ya know, would be way cooler than the knock-off stuff I can buy in the surplus stores."

mover1 said:
NEW MILITARY HARDWARE SHOWS A SOFT UNDEBELLY
(ROOTERS)
You've heard of smart bombs?
Well these new ones they have developed use the intelligence powers of the local military police.
Studies show that they are often off target, don't really do the job well. Are used best at for harassing fire.

Out of the ten dropped so far, the only target they successfully hit was the local donut shop.

;D

Unfortunately, the police interceptor package for cruisers is a largely for domestic police.  We had to fight for years to get some R&D to have them install the NPTL (Nearest Possible Timmies Locator) and it appears that nav system is not reacting well for the military application. 
You can fix the problem by having your ordinance tech pass through a drive through prior to deployment of the weapon.  Accuracy is increased with the addition of the software upgrade "Data Analysis You Only Learn During Scouting".  Hope I haven't violated any opsec issues.  ;)

Not to get too serious and all, but I really don't see too many cops wolfing down donuts these days!

TMM said:
Not to get too serious and all, but I really don't see too many cops wolfing down donuts these days!

Very true.  Timbits are way more discreet.  ;D

However, the coffee stereotype is fairly accurate.

zipperhead_cop said:
Very true.  Timbits are way more discreet.   ;D

However, the coffee stereotype is fairly accurate.
Yes, there are a few of our professions that are Tim-a-holics.

HL

DSC01712.jpg

Checklist for Wanna Be Mercenary 

a) Cadpat bought of ebay    (bonus points for crispy and new) 
b) Non Camo shirt clashing cadpat - preferably from something tough, Airborne, recce, Navy seals
c) Some forms of Cool Sunglasses 
d) Borrowed gun (or guns) 
e) No personality

Glad I'm not this guy!

Back