• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Dress Regs šŸ¤£

In fairness- the RCMP changed the regs similar to these with man buns etc.

Iā€™ve seen one in the wild.
Haven't seen a man bun on a uniformed officer in my agency yet. They may be out there, but I haven't seen one. Top knots, yes. Plainclothes guys - well that's another story.

Haven't seen a man bun on a uniformed officer in my agency yet. They may be out there, but I haven't seen one. Top knots, yes. Plainclothes guys - well that's another story.
Just seen the one. And I couldnā€™t take my eyes off it. It was super surreal.

Then he let it down while typing and I floated out of my body unable to understand the world anymore. But Iā€™ve got my own set of issues lol

I can't wait till it floats downward to the Cadets and the outrage from older CIC staff. I having been taking flak for letting two of my Cadets have long hair, one has a medical issue and the other a cultural issue, otherwise they are both pretty awesome Cadets.

I can't wait till it floats downward to the Cadets and the outrage from older CIC staff. I having been taking flak for letting two of my Cadets have long hair, one has a medical issue and the other a cultural issue, otherwise they are both pretty awesome Cadets.
Damned snowflakes, always so easily offended at the smallest things!

Ok Iā€™m a bit old school and yes I agree with what you say to an extent however dress and deportment is somewhat important too. Wearing kit properly and using for what it was intended for is important.

I think the COs and RSMs should lead by example by not trying to create their own policies - that they have no authority to create other than bullying - just because they don't like it. The institution has decided what is and what is not important, where the threshold is for dress and deportment, and they should lead by example by following and executing higher direction loyally, not begrudgingly or doing their best to not follow their own leadership at all and in many cases undermine them. The same thing they expect of their subordinates.

When that starts happening, orders and directives from the top aimed at fixing the many cultural problems might actually have an effect, they can't work when Bde Comd, COs, OCs, and the Sereants-Major they carry around in their rucksack won't follow.

I think the COs and RSMs should lead by example by not trying to create their own policies - that they have no authority to create other than bullying - just because they don't like it. The institution has decided what is and what is not important, where the threshold is for dress and deportment, and they should lead by example by following and executing higher direction loyally, not begrudgingly or doing their best to not follow their own leadership at all and in many cases undermine them. The same thing they expect of their subordinates.

When that starts happening, orders and directives from the top aimed at fixing the many cultural problems might actually have an effect, they can't work when Bde Comd, COs, OCs, and the Sereants-Major they carry around in their rucksack won't follow.
If they weren't able to stop BEARDFORGEN, they won't be able to stop this.

Also, what are we calling this: HAIRFORGEN?

You almost made me feel guilty for never, ever wearing this (stupid) thing ;)

Minister MacKay introduces War of 1812 pins

On July 19 during his visit to CFB Esquimalt, The Honourable Peter MacKay, Minister of National Defence unveiled the War of 1812 Commemorative pins which will be worn by all Canadian Forces members for the next three years to mark the sacrifice and commitment of those who fought in this war from 1812-1815.

He pinned the first one on Sailor of the Quarter LS Mathieu Blais during a ceremony held on the Wardroom patio.

On July 19 during his visit to CFB Esquimalt, The Honourable Peter MacKay, Minister of National Defence unveiled the War of 1812 Commemorative pins which will be worn by all Canadian Forces members for the next three years to mark the sacrifice and commitment of those who fought in this war from 1812-1815.
I had the fun of questioning the CWO of the RCAF about why the RCAF was commemorating a war that ended 88 years before the airplane was invented.

Agreed but there are exceptions to the rules. I'll give you an example. Dress of the Day in garrison was Combat uniform with beret except it was -30C and wearing a beret would cause you to freeze your ears.
Would it not be prudent for the CO to say Combat uniform with toques ?

I get where your coming from but a few of the Dress and Deportment cops weren't all that good for anything else.

Agreed but there are exceptions to the rules. I'll give you an example. Dress of the Day in garrison was Combat uniform with beret except it was -30C and wearing a beret would cause you to freeze your ears.
Would it not be prudent for the CO to say Combat uniform with toques ?

I get where your coming from but a few of the Dress and Deportment cops weren't all that good for anything else.

heretics GIF

He pinned the first one on Sailor of the Quarter LS Mathieu Blais during a ceremony held on the Wardroom patio.

It was lots of fun talking to Americans about the pin. I'd always say that it commemorated our glorious victories over your illegal invasion of our country. After the questioning look, I'd say "Your PR capabilities are light years ahead of ours".

So what we thinking about the new regs? I donā€™t know much about True North as a source.

MCpl Iā€™m friends with said heā€™s growing his hair out and dyeing it neon pink lol.

The news regs are coming; they are similar to stuff that has been released/leaked; unisex and restrictions will be based on operational and safety realities. Eg - 4ā€ gel nails might not be permitted when handling weapons.

When? Iā€™m not sure that timelines have been released or decided 100%. I would tell your MCpl friend not to plan on dying their hair for any CoC functions this summer, though.

It will be like BEARDFORGEN, people will go a bit crazy at first, then settle into what they are comfortable with.

Look at how many people started a beard because they were allowed to grow one, then realized that it had it's drawbacks and shaved. That said, if the new regs allow for 3-4 day growth, I'll be investing in a nice trimmer, and ditching the razor until I need to shave for operational reasons.

3-4 day growth is allowed now. Iā€™ve been doing it for 3 years and changeā€¦

Your next RSM

Attachments

• C8F216D8-B763-409F-908B-C405CB381080.jpeg
    C8F216D8-B763-409F-908B-C405CB381080.jpeg
    17.4 KB · Views: 5
I haven't seen the slideshow. Under this new policy can:

A male wear a deu skirt when required to wear deus; and

Can a male dye their beard all kinds of colours too?

Everyone should be able to order ā€œmale cutā€ or ā€œfemale cutā€ DEU items from Logistik now (for several months now actually).

Last edited:
Back