• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New IRP / Move policy-effective Dec 01, 2017 [Merged]

They figured out that it’s cheaper if they just don’t pay us. On the plus side I’ve been looking at the estimates for my HHT and they seem pretty reasonable, about 75% of what I figure I should get.

kratz said:
- The move itself is pretty routine. This is our 7th move in 13 years.

Not to derail this thread but I find that absolutely insane considering myself, along with a bunch of others in the same trade/unit/base haven’t had a move or in some cases unit change in over 10 years.

Quirky said:
Not to derail this thread but I find that absolutely insane considering myself, along with a bunch of others in the same trade/unit/base haven’t had a move or in some cases unit change in over 10 years.

From post history, I'm assuming you're a 500-series tech?  If so, that's pretty normal for you guys. 

As dapaterson said, rank and occupation, amongst others, skews it a bit as well.  A bunch of trades have each course count as a move as well (as opposed to Restricted or Prohibited moves). 

Quirky said:

I'm pretty much on pace with kratz, I'm moving this summer, and it'll be my sixth cost move in 13 years. And I'm not succession planned or anything special. Some of us are moving a lot. One issue that I have encountered is leadership who haven't moved very often not being familiar with the ever changing spiderweb of policy, and as a result giving their troops bad advice, or in some cases, direct orders that don't jive with the policy.

I'll never forget the time that I was ordered to go on Imposed Restriction by a Lieutenant Colonel, because the gaining unit needed me right away and didn't have time for me to do house hunting and conduct a move. So I informed Brookfield that I had been ordered to go on IR, and as a good Master Corporal, I would do what I'm told. Brookfield informed me that single personnel without children can't go on IR, so what the hell are you talking about? And they told me to shut up about obeying orders and book an HHT.

Leaders have a responsibility to educate themselves, the alternative is everyone looking like fools. I hope that leaders at all levels, including staff at our schools that are graduating our newest members, are tracking this year's changes.

CAF leadership had it's hands tied for a reason we don't know.

Now that we have confirmed the current contract is failing, leadership has a bludgeon tool to fight on our behalf.

We need to be careful and acknowledge when the system works as well.

Has anyone gotten an advance to their bank account? I was expecting one per the Canforgen and my bgrs profile says they loaded it to my relocard yesterday...

kev994 said:
Has anyone gotten an advance to their bank account? I was expecting one per the Canforgen and my bgrs profile says they loaded it to my relocard yesterday...
They might not have changed the computer system and the payment is still going to bank account. You wouldn't get it in your account today anyway, Monday if it is the case.

Good point, the interface doesn’t have a line that says transferred to bank account

I've only made one advance request so far and it was deposited into my bank account within a few days.

Lumber said:
I've only made one advance request so far and it was deposited into my bank account within a few days.

What’s the best “document” to upload for EFT? I used a void cheque but haven’t got any feedback from them.

In other RUMINTs, I’ve heard from a few people at work and my realtor who shares an office with a Brookfield agent, that home equity assistance is being increased to $40k from $15k very soon. This would be a huge bonus for a lot of people seeing how the 100% assistance never gets approved.

Don’t put it in “personal”, apparently they can’t see that (and why I haven’t been paid). My agent said to use “Forms” for my void cheque.

We finished the HHT on March 3rd and I had all the receipts uploaded and claim submitted by March 4th.
BGRS is finally looking at the claim today, with the aim to finalize and pay out the remaining balance.
They are not even busy with APS yet.

kev994 said:
Don’t put it in “personal”, apparently they can’t see that (and why I haven’t been paid). My agent said to use “Forms” for my void cheque.

God damn it.

I don’t know how I missed that tidbit, the direction was so clear

Quirky said:
What’s the best “document” to upload for EFT? I used a void cheque but haven’t got any feedback from them.

I'm sure every bank is different, but with TD if you go into one of your accounts from the accounts page, there should appear a button/link at the top  that says "Direct Deposit Form (PDF)".

I downloaded that, and uploaded it to FORMS on the portal. Voila. No need for an actual "cheque".

Quirky said:

You won't get any feedback fro them about stuff you upload unless you email them to let them know you uploaded something.
I uploaded my void cheque, then my HHT application and then emailed my agent to see what else I needed. He said everything looked good, and to apply for the advance on the HHT 21 days before my dates.
Side note, request an advance for everything! They tend to approve advances within 24 hours, and pay them out within 5 business days.They actually do not have any timelines that they need to comply with to finalize claims, according to my agent.

Lumber said:
I downloaded that, and uploaded it to FORMS on the portal. Voila. No need for an actual "cheque".

There are also 5 different folders to upload things into and no real guideline as to where to put specific documents. What constitutes a document that's for origin and personal?

Quirky said:
There are also 5 different folders to upload things into and no real guideline as to where to put specific documents. What constitutes a document that's for origin and personal?
‘Personal’, it turns out, cannot be seen by BGRS, so a somewhat useless folder

kev994 said:
‘Personal’, it turns out, cannot be seen by BGRS, so a somewhat useless folder

Good place to hide other things...

Back