• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Tank Creations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CesarNostradamus

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
I for one would like to see a tank much large and efficent also in transporting alot of troops and equipment, also having small command stations to rally troops into position providing feedback of the local surrounding and also a defensive position rally point. With much turrets on this vehicle prototype. So i propose a greater tank to handle battlefield situations in assurance- What do you think?

redhillsmine.jpg

That vehicle is for real. this is just a large Dump truck. Imagine the capability of such a vehicle in hostile situations.

Something at the size you are implying would have to use a whole lot of fuel, which may not be feasible. But, nothing is ever impossible.

And look at the assets you would lose if one of these supertanks were destroyed....not only the tank, the embarked troops, the crew and the command and control assets. For a troops of 4 of these you would have a huge supply train, it would be easier to find and more difficult to hide as well.

Also, a dance floor.  I've always wanted to have a tank with a dance floor.

CesarNostradamus said:
That vehicle is for real. this is just a large Dump truck. Imagine the capability of such a vehicle in hostile situations.

Talk about a "Bullet Magnet"!

Reinforced metals. State of the art weapons systems. most modern battle tanks have a turret, this one can have many

CesarNostradamus said:
I for one would like to see a tank much large and efficent also in transporting alot of troops and equipment,
[/quote]

Umm...isn't that what you have APCs and MLVWs for? Carrying sections/squads of soldiers?

CougarDaddy said:
Umm...isn't that what you have APCs and MLVWs for? Carrying sections/squads of soldiers?

Stop trying to ruin the thread with reality.

Mike Baker said:
So, like, what about the XBox?

True.  The battlewagon is going to need a TV room too.  I mean, it's just dangerous to have a battalion of infantry bouncing around inside a carrier with nothing better to do.

Also, it'll need a name.  Something appropriate.  I recommend the Angry Pachyderm.

CesarNostradamus said:
I for one would like to see a tank much large and efficent also in transporting alot of troops and equipment, also having small command stations to rally troops into position providing feedback of the local surrounding and also a defensive position rally point. With much turrets on this vehicle prototype. So i propose a greater tank to handle battlefield situations in assurance- What do you think?

redhillsmine.jpg
CesarNostradamus said:
This would be a much efficent battlestation

No it wouldn't. It would likely be very inefficient. How do you propose to transport it around? There would likely not be many bridges to carry the weight. With weight you gain momentum, how do you propose to stop it. You'd never get it in, let alone through and urban enviroment with out major collateral damage. Just some quick random thoughts to bring you back to earth and reality. Never mind production costs and the R&D to go with it.

You're not the first to conceive of a supertank. Go read some of the stuff on previious endevours and you'll quickly see why no one has done it.

Not to burst your bubble, but before suggesting something like this, you have to consider a whole lot more than just the principle.

Sadly that truck costs 5-10 million dollars, requires 4,164 litres of diesel fuel to run for a 24 hour period (about $14,000) and the tires cost around $50,000 a piece to replace :(

a short discription of this truck

maximum speed of 64 km/h and all sorts of extra ancillary braking functions---well let's face it, it's probably a good idea to have decent braking on a 592-tonne dump truck that runs up and down steep quarry ramps. And for all those Biglorryblog readers who are asking: "Ah yes...but what diesel engine does it use?" The answer is either a DDC/MTU 20V4000 delivering 3,650hp or a mighty Cummins QSK 78

its a diesel-electric truck on two axles and six wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back