• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NHL 07/08

Who will win the Cup this season?

• Anaheim Ducks

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Atlanta Thrashers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boston Bruins

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Buffalo Sabres

• Calgary Flames

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Carolina Hurricanes

• Chicago Blackhawks

• Colorado Avalanche

• Columbus Blue Jackets

• Dallas Stars

• Detroit Red Wings

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Edmonton Oilers

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Florida Panthers

• Los Angeles Kings

• Minnesota Wild

• Montreal Canadians

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Nashville Predators

• New Jersey Devils

• New York Islanders

• New York Rangers

• Ottawa Senators

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Philadelphia Flyers

• Phoenix Coyotes

• Pittsburgh Penguins

• San Jose Sharks

• St. Louis Blues

• Tamp Bay Lightning

• Toronto Maple Leafs

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Vancouver Canucks

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Washinton Capitals

• Total voters
It's a horrific thing to have happened, however, I fail to see anything "graphic" about the latter video.  Good thing these guys aren't rating movies.

That was horrible what happened to Zednik. I've seen two things along that line before, one guy with his throat but not quite that and the other guy his wrist. We never finished our games though. That is a brutal thing to have on your mind and try to finish playing a game. Hopefully he makes a quick recovery.

Go Canucks.

So, who is going where by Tuesday?? Dare I say bye bye to Sundin in T.O.? ;D >:D

You guys are telling me you have never seen that buffalo goalie back in the late 90's get his throat slit by his own guys skate?  10 times worse than the Zednik incident.  You can watch it on YouTube its a very common video.

siege said:
You guys are telling me you have never seen that buffalo goalie back in the late 90's get his throat slit by his own guys skate?  10 times worse than the Zednik incident.  You can watch it on YouTube its a very common video.
Yes, I did see it.

Pretty scary thing to watch eh? Somewhere there is an interview with the doctor that opertated on him when he was brought to the hospital saying that if it were not for the trainer that ran out onto the ice and grabbed his throat he would have died right there on the ice

siege said:
Pretty scary thing to watch eh? Somewhere there is an interview with the doctor that opertated on him when he was brought to the hospital saying that if it were not for the trainer that ran out onto the ice and grabbed his throat he would have died right there on the ice
Very much so. Amazing though, about a week later he was playing again!

Mike Baker said:
Very much so. Amazing though, about a week later he was playing again!

Yeah Malarchuk came back, but never was the same and only played 2 more years at the NHL level as a back-up. Also after the cut he struggled with alcoholism, but now he's a goaltending coach with the Blue Jackets and he's doing a lot better with his life now.

Hopefully Zednik doesn't develop any mental struggles from this, but from his interviews it sounds like he's feeling good and it'll be good to see him back next season.

Question: Who will win the Cup this season? 

Ottawa Senators  12 (23.5%)

Well, it looks like 23.5% were wrong!  ;D

Usually playoff fever is great here. I haven't seen too many car flags or Sens jerseys yet. What a difference a year can make!

The playoff fever is in Montreal this year. This morning a radio station sold 20 000 Montréal Canadiens flags. They started selling them at 5:30 and by 8:30 they where sold-out. They got 60 000$ for them and they'll gave this money to Opération Enfant-Soleil (Children Miracle Network).

GO HABS GO!!!  ;D

I like the habs to win; however, I feel that Detroit is going to do it this year.

Back