• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

officer before ncm?

that_guy097

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey everyone, brand new here and I just need some light shed on this situation.

I recently completed my aptitude test and when I met with the career counsellor? (the person who you meet with after the test) I was told that I would be contacted in 1-2 weeks to book my interview and medical. It has been 3 weeks so I decided to call and find out why I have not been contacted.  The recruiter I talked to said that they needed to put through officer candidates first? I'm assuming they need to meet a certain quota or something?  If someone could explain why it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Wes

Waiting is a normal part of being in the CF. Don't stress over it.

FYI, there doesn't have to be a why. It's what it is.

Priorities at the Recruiting Centres will be driven by a variety of factors. Right now, there's a need to process officer files to identify which applicants will be getting ROTP offers for RMC or civilian universities. This is a current priority because of the time of year. At other times, they will focus on certain trades, or groups of trades, because that is what needs to be fed into the recruit training system to line up with planned trades training cycles. It's not quotas or (in case you're thinking it) preference for officers over non-commissioned applicants, it's driven by the need for what completed files and ready candidates they have to produce for the training system next.

Michael O'Leary said:
Priorities at the Recruiting Centres will be driven by a variety of factors. Right now, there's a need to process officer files to identify which applicants will be getting ROTP offers for RMC or civilian universities. This is a current priority because of the time of year. At other times, they will focus on certain trades, or groups of trades, because that is what needs to be fed into the recruit training system to line up with planned trades training cycles. It's not quotas or (in case you're thinking it) preference for officers over non-commissioned applicants, it's driven by the need for what completed files and ready candidates they have to produce for the training system next.

Okay, if I am understanding correctly officer position have priority (right now) because this time of the year is when university applicants need to accept/defer their enrolment for the coming school year. 

if this is the case NCM applicants will have to wait (probably) till late May early June?  Unless the training cycle dictates that a specific trade needs to be put through the system. 

Yes, but be careful about anticipating or predicting any specific time-lines. When the particular group of files yours falls in comes to the top for processing is anybody's guess. Look around the recruiting forums here and you''ll find that long wait times are not unusual.

Back