• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Open File

CDN Aviator said:
Your age has fackall do to with anything. I joined at 17 with no volunteer experience, no previous employment and shitty school grades. From application to starting basic training was 3 months (including the Christmas break). This was in the early 90s and the CF was recruiting way less than it is now.

Some applicants around here need to STFU.
I find it amazing how people can't read.
It's obvious that this is a personal opinion posted to help the guy gather understanding of the situation. Should I wait 15 years before I exercise my right to freedom of expression?
Thought I answered the original posts, "I was hoping to get an idea of other people's situations." pretty well actually.

Furthermore, the statement is NOT: "17-yr olds don't get jobs!" it's: "age (though this probably explained by high schoolers not having much job/work/life experience)"
Don't act so ignorant and pretend like ageism - especially in this economy - doesn't exist. Walk into any business and follow the positions from entry to general manager and a strange trend forms...

Some jaded posters around here need to STFU.

kawa11 said:
Walk into any business and follow the positions from entry to general manager and a strange trend forms..

I dont have to. The CF are not a buisness. I now work with a room full of young firepissers, enough to tell me that being 17 is not a holdback.

Back