• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Peace, Propaganda & The Promised Land

So, are we done venting at each other yet?

tamouh said:
You can only run the Middle East with an Iron Fest.....any Middle Eastern will tell you that.

So why is what Israel doing so wrong?  According to you, they should take a scorched earth policy and obliterate the entire middle east?  
Why would anyone want to run the middle east?  Even if they had an iron fest?  What is a fest?  
I'm pretty sure Israel doesn't want to run the middle east.  I bet Iran does, but that is a whole different story.  
So it is your position that Arabs only respect violence and brutality.  Again, why is Israel making such a bad choice then?  Seems they just have to be brutal enough for long enough and the Arabs will cave.  Isn't that what you are showing in your historical examples?  

Infanteer said:
Uhh...they did.  Ever hear of the marsh Arabs?  Halabja?  

Nope.  Guess that speaks to how well they motivated the populace to arms.  The only thing I ever heard about an uprising was the Kurds, and again you see a brutal putting down of an uprising.  

tamouh said:
So my question to anyone, would you support these uprisings against their governments knowing in their methods they'll murder civilians, would you support such uprising against Iran or Syria ?

My interest ends with Israel.  They are the only country that conducts itself most like a western nation (minus all the annoying PC stuff) and the rest really seem content to fight and pick away at each other. 

Infanteer said:
So, are we done venting at each other yet?
nah, this thread will go on for ever. It's funny to watch, though, and keeps all the silly shit off the real boards.

Here's the crux: The War between those who would spread terror in their attempts to bring back the Caliphate, and us, is on. Period. We will not allow Radical Islam to destroy our way of life, which is their avowed goal.

Do you agree with me that no one deserves power unless they've worked for it ?

Do you also agree with the statement that in general people who don't deserve power are usually weak ?

So why is what Israel doing so wrong?  According to you, they should take a scorched earth policy and obliterate the entire middle east? 
Why would anyone want to run the middle east?  Even if they had an iron fest?  What is a fest? 
I'm pretty sure Israel doesn't want to run the middle east.  I bet Iran does, but that is a whole different story. 
So it is your position that Arabs only respect violence and brutality.  Again, why is Israel making such a bad choice then?  Seems they just have to be brutal enough for long enough and the Arabs will cave.  Isn't that what you are showing in your historical examples? 

There is no wrong or right. Israel can attempt to run the Middle East, but they'll fail. Simply because they don't belong to the culture and language of Middle Easterns. Even if they occupy Syria, Iraq, Lebanon and reach to Yemen, they'll be resisted feircely. They'll be pretty much going from one war to another just like the Mongolians until their army weakens. The Iranians in my opinion will attempt to run the Middle East and they'll be contested as well.

*** Added: This is what I've been giving you examples from history, it clearly shows any future conquerers must adopt to the ME culture to be able to sustain their hold on the region. Otherwise, their fate will end like the Ottoman empire in its final days.

Nope.  Guess that speaks to how well they motivated the populace to arms.  The only thing I ever heard about an uprising was the Kurds, and again you see a brutal putting down of an uprising.

Kurds didn't uprise against Saddam, they've attempted assassination of Saddam.....Halabja is a Kurdish city. It goes to show how much you know about Middle East!!

My question to you again zipperhead_cop and don't try to run away from it:

Would you support uprisings against their own governments knowing in their methods they'll murder civilians, and blow up place. Would you support such uprising against Iran or Syria ?

This has entered the realm of absurdity....

Infanteer said:
This has entered the realm of absurdity....
from the first post where you split this topic! It's an amusing little sidebar to watch with all the grimness everywhere else.

Way too much CO2 being produced.  Thief!

I wish that they would have brought a full deck to the table.  I feel like there is something missing, and its' counterpart is out looking for it.

tamouh,

Be gentle for a chap that has not posted here.  But in a sentence, what is it that you wish to achieve as a member of army.ca..

dileas

tess

tess,

learn & share with other members the issues that affect us all, especially issues related to Middle Eastern affairs.

tamouh,

Have you extended that care to this site.  To the beliefs of the members here?  To the understanding and Ideology of what it is to be a Canadian soldier?  Or did you come here to mix the soil in the water and rile us up with your views...

You seem to be, my fellow poster, a contradiction of your own philosophy..

dileas

tess

G. Galloway is a wanker that only gets re-elected because he panderers to all the Muslim conspiracy theories that Islamo-fascists would have you believe.

He is a waste time.  :threat:

Bo said:
This man has explained it all in a 10 minute interview to Sky News in England.
He is a member of the British Parliament.

And you never heard of this guy before?  He has been labeled a "nut job" in the media.  He's a joke.

If France was launching missiles into England indiscriminately I bet you sure as shit that England would respond in full force.  

edited for rambling

No Sir, and it is clear what I've expressed here has all respect to other people views. There are two sides for each coin. Myself and others here have exchanged enlightening views and opinions which contribute a great length to understanding the current issues.

What I find in this forum is the biased opinion presented here that are either narrow viewed with no one except to very few challenging these sort of thoughts.

Any attempt to present a different view is either labeled "terrorist sympathizer", "lefties" , "trolling" .... or other names not worth mentioning.

In all honesty, as a Canadian Citizen from Middle Eastern background I find many posts here insulting to me and my fellow citizens, and I'm sure to many CF current and past serving members of Middle Eastern backgrounds including myself.

"Waste of time, nut job, a joke"...it's pretty easy to call him names isn't it? But what about what he said?

You gotta admit though, he's got a way with words. I doubt anyone here could go toe to toe with him.

Here's another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrdFFCnYtbk

Insulting because they won't buy the Israel bad/everyone else good that you seem to proclaim or because someone has insulted the Islamic faith?
If someone has insulted the Islamic faith please direct my attention to it and due process will be considered. Just as long as you do not confuse the wonderfully peaceful Islamic faith with the despicable pieces of trash who are trying to hijack it.

Back