• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Police ATS testing?

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
Hey guys have a question.

A friend of mine is suposed to do the police ATS testing and I'm trying to kick her in the ass and get her to start working out.  I think, like many recruits to the cf (who fail) she has the mentality that if she just tries really hard she will pass.

Anyways, I can't seem to find the actual physical requirements for the ATS testing. Can someone help me out?
Like, level 6.5 on the shuttle run, 10 push ups 10 sit ups, draggong a 100 pound dummy around or something like that?

What's the actual requirements to pass the test?

Thanks

That's basicaly it.  6.5 shuttle run.  there's no pushups or situps, but there is a weight-test, which can't really be simulated unless you have the equipment.  it's designed to test your ability to restrain a struggling suspect, and as long as she's not a total weakling, she should do ok.  Other than that, you do 4 laps of a 25 meter track, on every lap you climb a set of stairs, and on every second lap you hop a 4' wall.  Has to be done in something like 2 minutes.

If you want my opinion, it's a really easy test.  When I did it I was somehting like 20lbs overweight and hadn't gone for a run in a few months, and I still passed it.  I only saw two people fail - one was a complete lard-ass and failed the beep test, the other guy was built like a twig and could barely even move the weights.

Back