• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Previous drug use question 2002 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Thread starter bertram
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
CFRC didn‘t contact any of my references. But, I have lived at the same street address for the past 14 yrs and have only been to 1 primary school, 1 high school, and 1 college with 3-4 jobs so I assume my reliability check was fairly easy.

Also I began the application process in November, due to some medication I was on my medical wouldn‘t clear until I had been off it for about 1 month and returned post-medication blood tests.

So they had my references, interview, physical results etc since early December (re did my physical in March for better scores just before my medical was sent away).

But no, to my knowledge none of my previous employers or referencee‘s were contacted.

I do hear as comm reservists being priviledged with almost every piece of communication going between units we may be targetted with a more thorough security check when we come back though.

Then again, my friend could be talking out of his *** about it ;)

Yup, your friend was right...you‘ll have to fill out a LONG form and find more referances so that you can get a more detailed security check done on you by CSIS, whicih you‘ll need for your security clearance. (Ah, the joys of being a sig op)

Originally posted by Pte. Bloggins:
[qb] Yup, your friend was right...you‘ll have to fill out a LONG form and find more referances so that you can get a more detailed security check done on you by CSIS, whicih you‘ll need for your security clearance. (Ah, the joys of being a sig op) [/qb]
Pvt. Bloggins, would such a check have to be done before the individual can be accepted into bmq?

Thanks,
K.

Nope, my forms just got sent away early this year. It takes a really long time, I‘ve been told.

In my medical they tested Eye sight, hearing, blood pressure, height, weight, and took my urine sample. Is my medical complete? I mean they did not take any X-ray or blood sample !!!!  ???

theres no needles involved so no bloodtest, and they just ask u if uve broken any bones so no x-ray.
but u should of gone thru a physical test too.

I still have to go to Physical Test.  Right now I can do 20 push ups (continuously) and 20 sit ups (with 30 sec. rest after 15)  :(....  I am worried about sit ups.... They say there is no time limit but I guess I must do it continuously....  Well, may be in two weeks I will appear in Physical Test too.....  ^-^

for mine, we had 1 minute to do as many sit-ups as possible.
and when i said physical i meant a medical physical, where u strip down to ur boxers and the medic preforms a number of tests, such as looking at ur ears, eyes, mouth, makeing u touch ur toes and so on

You only have 1 minute for situps, so do as many as you can without resting  :)

Thanx guys.... :salute:

Does the same thing apply to push-ups too???

I mean in one minute as many push ups as possible ???

Bobby147,  there is no time limit for the pushups just do as many as you can while keeping proper form. As mentioned, there is a one minute time limit for the situps. Dont stress too much about the situps, my tester told me he's never had anyone fail the situp portion of the test. Do focus on the proper form of the pushups because that is where people have trouble, you want to make sure each one counts

Chalcey said:
Bobby147,  there is no time limit for the pushups just do as many as you can while keeping proper form. As mentioned, there is a one minute time limit for the situps. Dont stress too much about the situps, my tester told me he's never had anyone fail the situp portion of the test. Do focus on the proper form of the pushups because that is where people have trouble, you want to make sure each one counts

I was told to stop doing my push ups and sit ups after I reached 20.

Thanx ALL....  You know I was delaying my Physical Test as I was not very confident about sit-ups  :-\.....  Now I feel more confident ....  Thank you for your support and advice....  :)

Northern Touch said:
I was told to stop doing my push ups and sit ups after I reached 20.

Same here. After 20 I looked up at him, did 21, 22 and he says "Thats enough! You Passed! Stop now!"

Do you really have to touch your toes? I just tried and I can only get to my ankles, while keeping my legs straight, but I am pretty damn tall. Or do they tell you to bend over so they can...umm...inspect you from behind like they do before you go into prison? I have my medical in 2 weeks or so.

u never take off ur boxers...
if u can't touch ur toes thats fine, they just want to see that u can streatch all ur muscles..
u have to walk around on ur toes, then on ur heals, look up, look left, basically just move every part of ur body so they can check, stuff like that

when i was doing the push-ups i stoped at 19 and he told me to keep going till i can't do them anymore

Bobby147 said:
I still have to go to Physical Test.   Right now I can do 20 push ups (continuously) and 20 sit ups (with 30 sec. rest after 15)   :(....   I am worried about sit ups.... They say there is no time limit but I guess I must do it continuously....   Well, may be in two weeks I will appear in Physical Test too.....    ^-^

Continue doing situps like that twice a day, soon you will see you can do 30 without stopping, then if you continue, 40, 50. It doesn't take long to get your abs in shape, after a month you'll be ready. Do pushups whenever you can, atleast once a day, twice would be better. Take a day off every now and again, like once a week.

What about the running part?   Do they make you run 2.4km under 11 minutes or I read that wrong?

Fogpatrol, Running part is checked through Step Test. Please check the DND recruitment website for more information.

I have a question for other people who have passed Physical Test....

How much time it might take (approximately) for Physical Test ???  I have to take break from work....  may be I will take half day off.

How much time it might take (approximately) for Physical Test ???   I have to take break from work....   may be I will take half day off.

It took my 30-45 mins once i got there and the tests started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back