• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Previous drug use question 2002 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Thread starter bertram
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
did a quick search, using contact lenses as criterion...

http://army.ca/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/16/56?

Yes, I would bring your glasses, because if you need contacts to see... without them, you would prooly need the glasses, hey?

They will test your vision without the glasse to see how bad your vision really is.

is it like a drug test? what do they test for with the urine sample?

I think they check for traces of blood and sugar levels, things like that. They didn‘t check for dope, but they ask. Don‘t lie.

I think they check for traces of blood and sugar levels, things like that. They didn‘t check for dope, but they ask. Don‘t lie.
Don‘t count on them not checking for drugs. When I did mine they used a multi test strip which checks for a number of different drugs all at the same time.

You need to know when you got chiken pox etc. I had no clue when I was asked.. :rolleyes:

I‘ll just post this in here, since the thread is titled Medical. A little off topic for this thread but better than starting another.

Well, 11 weeks after being told my medical file was sent to Borden and that I could expect it back within 3 weeks, I called last Friday and discovered that they "forgot" to inform the medical department after my interview that it was time to send my file.

Therefore I have been patiently waiting for 3 months for a file that hadn‘t even been sent yet. What‘s worse, is that I called several times during those 11 weeks for updates and was informed that my file "was still in Borden".

I wish that the recruiting process wasn‘t so much like a game of broken telephone.

Basically what I learned from this experience is that the recruitment process depends as much on you as it does the people handling your file. You can‘t just accept what you‘re told at face value, you need to press them into checking things out, even at the cost of getting yelled at.

At first I found it hard to believe that so many people had a story about their files being "lost", but now, realising how much a file is passed around from station to station, and responsibility being switched around with every pass, it‘s no big mystery to me why they seem to have trouble keeping track.

My Medical came back last week with a Green Light! It took a little over 6 weeks! Now I‘m hoping that ERC dose‘nt take too long. I do realize that it may take time and so I will wait patiently. :salute:

Hmmm...interesting.. considering mine hasn‘t gone to Borden yet, the chances of me making it to Shilo for June 28th would be a miracle. But, miracles can happen. :) I‘m not giving up. The medical officer said he would put "priority" on my file. Hopefully that will speed things up. I do know of someone that squeeked in at the last minute so you never know. :D

Originally posted by ab136:
[qb] when you get your hearing tested..hold you breath til you hear the sound. I was panting away and I‘m sure I missed a few sounds. [/qb]
This is ridiculous... the tests are designed so that a reasonably healthy person can pass them. If you can‘t hear the sounds while breathing normally, you have hearing loss.

hmm i found the hearing test rather easy..
just be relaxed and zone out and just lisen for the tone.
Easy as cake.

Just press even when you think you MIGHT hear something. You don‘t fail just because you pressed at the wrong time or missed a few.
If you THINK you hear something, you probably do, even if you‘re not sure.
Even people with exceptional hearing will stop hearing the beeps when the decibles get low enough, that‘s what the test is designed to do, is to see where your limits are. You can‘t really cheat at the test, but you can cheat yourself out of some hearing range if you are getting panicky or otherwise not focusing on the task of listening.

You may have slight hearing loss at certain frequencies, but not during others, so don‘t get freaked out when you stop hearing sounds after only a few seconds or something.
Just stay relaxed and prepared to push the button the very next time you hear something.

GirlFiredUp:

The Review Board will concentrate on reserve medical files as the summer dates for BMQ/SQ are coming up. Thats what my unit recruiter told me.

Thankfully my medical came back about 2 weeks ago!!

I talked to my Sgt. and he told me my spot was secured in the unit for summer basic, and that I‘d be going to Shilo on the June 28th. He also said I‘m being sworn in on May 27th and that the CFRC would be in contact with me on details about the ceremony (where, what to wear, who to bring, etc..).

Now the 27th is 6 days away, and CFRC hasn‘t contacted me. Should I give them a call?

yah i was told they would be contactin me on the 27th as well,
he said they‘ll be calling during the day ,right up till the 27th so just wait it out and see, then call on the 27th if you havn‘t heard anything

CathTaylor and GFiredup, are you joining regular or reserves? I‘m from Ottawa and I‘m looking to get into basic on June 28th as well. My medical was sent 2 weeks ago but I have yet to hear anything back. what‘s ERC and where is Shilo?

it‘s not your breathing that will trip you up, it‘s your heartbeat, especially if you‘re nervous. If you‘re not sure you heard it, press the button. But yeah, it‘s reather easy. I got a "1" despite listening to loud music through expensive headphones almost daily.

I highly doubt I‘ll make it for the summer, but september is looking good.

CFB Shilo is located near Brandon, Manitoba (SW section of Manitoba near the US border).

All communication reservists will do their bmq/sq there.

Andy_d, glad to hear you‘re good to go for Shilo. I think my medical has been approved (although I‘m not 100%). I spoke to my Sgt. yesterday and she‘d just spoken to Borden. I guess there‘s a pending issue with my back‘gd/reliability. She said she didn‘t have any details but that they would be contacting me hopefully within 1 week.

Do you know if the CFRC has contacted your char references?

K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back