• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Problems with searching

MeanJean

Inactive
Reaction score
I have been searching the forums for some answers and I have been getting this error message more often than getting returns on my queries.  Am I the only one?

An Error Has Occurred!
Due to high stress on the server, the search function has been automatically and temporarily disabled. Please try again in a short while.

Mikes been having issues with the server,........when the 'stress" is too high certain functions shut down to help.

{all non-tech terms talk of course]

MeanJean,

try searching with Google, add site:army.ca to your search parameters.

Site:army.ca using google is the only way I search Army.ca now. Ive never effectively been able to use the on site search function; but with google I always find what Im looking for. Highly recommend it to everyone.

Thank you for the advice.  I never thought of using google to search the site.  I have had limited success using forum seach engine.  I will be using Google in the future.

Hello,

I would like to report that for the last week or so, regardless of the time of day or night, every time I try to use the search function I receive this message:

"Due to high stress on the server, the search function has been automatically and temporarily disabled. Please try again in a short while."

I have no clue how wide spread this problem may be, or if I am an isolated case. What I do know is that the importance of the search function working properly is vital for this forum's operation. I apologize if this has already been reported, I could not use the search function to research! ;-)

Thanks,

Matt

One work-around:

Go to Google, and use this search parameter: site:forums.milnet.ca Your Search Terms

That will work for all boards open to the public.  Private boards, like those for Subscribers (and presumably for the Directing Staff) are not indexed by Google.

Mike, the site's owner, knows about the issue, and is working to try to tweak the server; problem is, as popularity of the site continues to increase, the hardware gets under icnreasing stress.

Thank you.

I just noticed that about a dozen threads down, someone else posted about this. My apologies.

Admins: go ahead and delete this thread at your convenience.

I've also been having problems using the search function over the past week.

Furthermore, although I usually use the navy.ca incarnation of army.ca, I cannot even access navy.ca today.

Thus I was forced to just log on to the main army.ca site just to post this.

S.M.A. said:
I've also been having problems using the search function over the past week.

Furthermore, although I usually use the navy.ca incarnation of army.ca, I cannot even access navy.ca today.

Thus I was forced to just log on to the main army.ca site just to post this.

As was I.

That's because he fixed Army.ca properly, but left those copycats alone......green is good!!  ;D

Back