• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question about the documents I have to fill in

shadesofgreen

Inactive
Reaction score
Basicaly, I got my appointment for the aptitude test and I have to bring a few things for that appointment. One of them is the ''DND verification of personal information '' and on the email they sent me where they listed what I have to bring they wrote:

''DND verification of personal information for your references must have known you for at least five continuous years (or since the age of sixteen, according to which comes first). References can be professional, academic or personal, but can not be a family member or spouse.''

But then on that document, the only ''references'' section they have is one where it says to give 4 Professional references and they ask for information like ''company/employer, fonction title, duration of collaboration...'' so what do I do? do I  just put academic and personal reference Under that ''Professional reference'' part as well and not fill in the info that is related to work?
( I do not have 4 profesionnal references for sure, I'm 19 and my work experience is pretty limited)

I'm so confused, please help.

I'm you age as well but I have held a few jobs. The part where it says Professional References are for someone of our age your friends and family as well as school teachers. You fill out where they work, their role at said place of job, what their relationship is to you (i.e. how you know them), there telephone number and email.

I used my football coach, and my supervisors from my volunteer experience. The top portion is employment history. They want to know where you worked etc etc. That way the can learn about your work ethic and such.

hope that helps

Employment references of a continuous 5 years or whatever you actually have had.

Professional references section: you can indeed include school teachers, past co workers,  heck I even used a friend as a 5th reference on an extra page that I've known for like 12 years who is now in the us marine corps as a corpsman just cause I thought it would look good and my recruiter said that was fine.

If you have serious questions/doubts about a potential reference call your local CFRC because they will be the best source of an answer for you personally!

Cheers, good luck mate

[edit] and I'm sure you can find 2-3 teachers willing to vouch for you that you've known since you were 16. Basically how it was explained to me is they had to of known of your existence 5 years ago, not particularly in the last 2-3 years. And since you're 19 you only need 3 years or so of coverage!

Hi
I am really confused, I did a job for 3 1/2 years (newspaper carrier), can I use this even if its not full 5 years. Also some of my teachers have known me since grade 9 (i am in grade 12 now), can I use them as references?  ???

baqir96 said:
I am really confused, I did a job for 3 1/2 years (newspaper carrier), can I use this even if its not full 5 years. Also some of my teachers have known me since grade 9 (i am in grade 12 now), can I use them as references?  ???

Your profile says you are 17.

"These people cannot be related to you and must have known you for at least five years, or since you were 16, whichever comes first."
http://www.forces.ca/en/page/applynow-100#step3-4#step4-5#step5-6#Step1-2#step2-3

mariomike said:
Your profile says you are 17.

"These people cannot be related to you and must have known you for at least five years, or since you were 16, whichever comes first."
http://www.forces.ca/en/page/applynow-100#step3-4#step4-5#step5-6#Step1-2#step2-3

Thanks, you just made it clear to me  ;D

Back