• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question regarding undress ribbons

jranrose

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello All,
I came across this picture below and could not figure out why on the undress ribbon for the Order of Military Merit that Lt-Gen Maisonneuve has two lapel pins. Does anyone know the reasoning behind it?
Thanks,
Jason

http://www.forces.gc.ca/hr/dhh/honours_awards/engraph/honour_awards_e.asp?cat=3&Q_ID=6

Commander of the Order of Military Merit (C.M.M.)

Elevations within the order are indicated by the wearing of the lapel badge of the current and previous levels on the undress ribbon.

But why wouldn't the highest level be worn as opposed to wearing them both? Any reasoning behind it?

Does anyone know if there's anyone out there who's been elevated through all three levels?

I don't know for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if most of those with CMM were awarded both the OMM and MMM previously.

The MMM is awarded to officers in the rank of Capt and below and to NCMs.

The OMM is awarded to officers above the rank of Maj.

CMM is awarded to officers ranked BGen and above.

It would be highly unlikely for someone to receive all three.

How about his pin in the place that the LFC Command Badge normally is? Anyone know what he has in place of that? I've never seen it before.

The insignia he is wearing on the right breast pocket is the NORAD command badge (North American Aerospace Defence Command). Cheers,

Walt

Walt said:
The insignia he is wearing on the right breast pocket is the NORAD command badge (North American Aerospace Defence Command). Cheers,

Walt
Really?  Are you absolutely positive?

Being surrounded by a German and Dane, I would almost say that it is one of the NATO Command Badges. 

Walt said:
The insignia he is wearing on the right breast pocket is the NORAD command badge

It's actually the NATO Allied Command Transformation crest.

See http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Jun2003/n06192003_200306193.html  - - photo at bottom

Journeyman,

Right you are......thanks for solving the mystery and setting me straight. Cheers,

Walt

Back