• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Questions about applicant coming from Italy

• Thread starter Patrick Ciccone
  • Start date
P

Patrick Ciccone

In talking to a recruiter about my immanent return to Canada and intention to apply, I was told that I needed a background security check seeing as I have lived outside of Canada for more than 5 years. In viewing the abundant video material on the CF website I also saw that during the Security check portion of your application, additional documentation is required. Knowing that italian bureaucracy is slow at best, I was wondering exactly what information I would need to procure before coming, in order to avoid waiting months and months because of the italian side of things. Also, my wife would be still living in Italy until, if successful, i enlist and finish my training. Is there any documents I would need to procure on her part?

Good day Patrick,

A Security Clearance Pre-Assessment may be necessary if you:

a. are not a Canadian citizen;
b. have dual citizenship;
c. have resided, worked, travelled outside Canada in excess of 180 days in the last ten years; and
d. have immediate relatives who are currently residing outside of Canada. (a parent, sibling, spouse or parent-in-law)

A Pre-enrolment Security Clearance Pre-Assessment Questionnaire will be provided once you complete your online application. This form will be reviewed in order to determine whether you require a Security Clearance Pre-Assessment.

I encourage you to submit your online application prior to your return to Canada.

Thank you for your response. I have one more question: how much time before I arrive to Canada should I begin my application?

Good day,

You can begin the application process once you are ready and if found suitable for further processing after an initial assessment you can arrange the travel back to Canada between yourself and the local recruiting center. There are many factors that can have an effect on the processing timeline of an application and I cannot therefore give an amount of time to apply before a planned trip back to Canada. 

Thank you for the information Master Corporal. My application is away.  :salute:

Back