• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Questions about being a reservist

Jtran57

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
I am planning to join reserves as an artillery soldier. I was wondering if I am doing part time can I switch to full time after college? And also can I do full time positions for an Artillery soldier like what infantry does while in college? And what is training like if I am going to college and in the summer? Thank you

Jtran57 said:
I was wondering if I am doing part time can I switch to full time after college?

This may help.

Component Transfers (Reserve to Regular): Q&A
http://army.ca/forums/threads/12797.0

The training goes in this order, BMQ, BMQ-L, and Dp1 Arty. BMQ (Basic Military Qualification) which is the basics. BMQ-L (Basic Military Qualification Land) which is more learning how to fight as a soldier. DP1 is trades training, so it's learning artillery specifics. I know you can get full time work at your home unit I'm not exactly sure about how to get that, but feel free to message me if you have any questions. I am just leaving for my DP1 the 28th. I'll give you some tips for BMQ and BMQL, just message me if you have any more questions. I'm in the same boat.

Back