• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RCAF 100 - Name the Eagle Mascot

dimsum

Army.ca Myth
Mentor
Reaction score
I can’t wait to see some of the candidates :ROFLMAO:

1704253558177.png

"The reason the New Fighter Aircraft Project required twin engines" doesn't really roll off the tongue...

(Sidebar: Every time I see the RCAF 100 logo, I see 106 instead)

I'm team Benjamin Franklin.

For my own part I wish the bald eagle had not been chosen as the representative of our country. He is a bird of bad moral character. He does not get his living honestly. You may have seen him perched on some dead tree, where, too lazy to fish for himself, he watches the labour of the fishing hawk; and when that diligent bird has at length taken a fish, and is bearing it to his nest for the support of his mate and young ones, the bald eagle pursues him, and takes it from him. With all this injustice, he is never in good case, but like those among men who live by sharping and robbing he is generally poor and often very lousy.

Tim Hwd GIF by Harborne Web Design Ltd

That’s a good point. I don’t know if the kind of eagle is ever really specified.
Can I go on a bit of a rant?

That bird is a obvious graphic from open source (AKA the USA) and coupled with the fact that most if not all our PA Staffs are young civilians who grew up with zero knowledge of Canadian history but immersed in 24/7 US culture is it no wonder we get fuck ups like this?

Can I go on a bit of a rant?

That bird is a obvious graphic from open source (AKA the USA) and coupled with the fact that most if not all our PA Staffs are young civilians who grew up with zero knowledge of Canadian history but immersed in 24/7 US culture is it no wonder we get fuck ups like this?

Products like that would have gone for RCAF approval before release. CRCAF owns it and is responsible for it.

Products like that would have gone for RCAF approval before release. CRCAF owns it and is responsible for it.
Yes. So that also shows a lack of historical knowledge throughout the CAF as a whole.

I was talking with a fellow 2 1/2 about our carriers pre unification and he thought the RCAF operated the aircraft. Not a big deal but reflective of the overall syndrome of ignorance.

That’s a good point. I don’t know if the kind of eagle is ever really specified.
Oh no. Now you’ve done it- rekindled the debate about what kind of bird it is.

(for the record, the Government of Canada says it is an Eagle…)

Oh no. Now you’ve done it- rekindled the debate about what kind of bird it is.

(for the record, the Government of Canada says it is an Eagle…)
Well according to this website there are only 3 eagles in Canada:

Bald
Golden
Stellar (which is a vagrant in western Alaska and unless we are in an alternate timeline, western Alaska is not part of Canada 🫤)

Personally Falcons would be a better choice.

Back