• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Re: Editorial: Carolyn Parrish on Afghanistan

• Thread starter Thread starter jmackenzie_15
  • Start date Start date
a_majoor said:
I suspect she will continue to have a presence as an "in demand" public speaker, and maybe a collumnist or pundit for the CBC and Toronto Star. "Pink Lloyd" Axeworthy still appears in the media and is reported on as if his pontifications were real news, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for her to fade away.

That's depressing

Parrish comments on General Hiller colourfull langage is out of touch and does not represent the general feeling of Canadains support of our troops. General Hiller made no mistake that what type of business our force are to do and that some of our troops will probably will die.
The sad part she does not know appeasement is a sign of willness by our enemy's.
The problem is our politicans have no combat experience and lack real leadership in preventing wars.
This is shown by the sad state of affairs of our cash strap resources for men and updated equipment.
She has been a Harp seal for the Liberals and forget the reality of the present world of affairs. ::) :-[ :dontpanic:

career_radio-checker said:
some replies from the public

http://www.cbc.ca/news/viewpoint/yourspace/hillier_afghans.html

WOW !!  That was an education.  I'm either smarter than the average canadian or i have completely lost touch with mainstream soviety  :o

aesop081 said:
WOW !!  That was an education.  I'm either smarter than the average canadian or i have completely lost touch with mainstream soviety  :o
(emphasis added by Roy Harding)

Welcome to the club.

Having been a military guy (on and off) since 1977, I became a civilian about 1 1/2 years ago.  I KNOW I'm out of touch with mainstream society.  It's depressing at times, as I firmly believe that MY values are the correct ones (pig headedness runs in the family).  There are rare, special occasions, however, when I run across a "real" civvie (ie - never served in any military or paramilitary capacity) with whom I find myself in complete agreement - they're out there, you've just got to find them.

My personal favourite:

If we are not wanted in a country and people are prepared to kill us to get that point across, then why not just leave and go somewhere else like Africa, where we can really do some good.

::) ::) ::)

I guess she's forgotten about people killing us in Rwanda and Somalia.

For that that have not yet seen it,
View Carolyn Parrish's responce the the editorial here: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/33394.0.html

Comment on her responce here: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/33393.0.html

48th Highlander,

Wouldn't she be eating crow if we were to be sent to the Sudan.  Next to the Americans, we are the last people they want to see there.  Can you imagine the horrible result of that.

Back