• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reconstitution

The CAF could fund the CSC complete by a small reduction in the wool sock entitlement.
I haven't drawn socks or those garbage boxers in years. You're welcome, RCN.

Starship Troopers GIF

Reductions at a time when we are already hurting for people, and asking people to do more with even less than the previous "less"...
Yeah, it seems like an unnecessarily petty 'F U' type cut, as there are a lot of OTC things that can really add up. The allergy meds were one obvious example that sprung to mind, but common things like muscle relaxants and pain killers for occasional use on old injuries also aren't cheap. Similarly things like OTC cold meds etc are all pretty normal things that don't need a prescription.

I can afford it now, but probably still adds up to a few hundred a year, so not insignificant if you are already struggling with the cost of living increases, PLD cuts etc. I'm sure for others it can be a lot higher if they have some kind of controllable illness that doesn't need a special prescription, and really just a waste of resources after the initial diagnoses if they need prescriptions for something OTC.

The big sunk cost is having a pharmacist and a pharmacy to begin with, so this is just a pennies on the dollar thing anyway. The CAF and DND spends far more than that 3rd party reports and audits that tell us what we already know, just with fancy letterhead, and sure there are lots of other examples of things you can cut with zero impact on the troops (or any real capability or operation).

Nah, I'm good, my Company gives them out for free 🤣 and we have some in every first aid station on all our properties.

I've been out for a few years now. My decisions are validated everyday when I read these threads.
Woah woah woah are you saying your employer provides you benefits as part of your compensation for work?

Nah, I'm good, my Company gives them out for free 🤣 and we have some in every first aid station on all our properties.

Probably because private companies are for-profit and see whatever benefit to have these things given out for free.

Whoever made this decision won’t be held accountable for any after effects of ending this benefit. We don’t even know how it was done and for what reason. Still nowhere close to my personal redline to pull the pin.

finance minister of the day, a very smart fellow named Edgar Benson
Benson subsequently became Defence Minister for less than half a year. We had to go from Shilo to fire a salute for him when he came to Winnipeg on an extremely cold winter day. I remember it because it was the first time that we had to wear the CF Busby with our greens and greatcoats - Did I mention it was freaking cold. And we were driving in 3/4 TPUs and 2 1/2 tons. I think that I forgot to mention how cold it was.

🥶

Woah woah woah are you saying your employer provides you benefits as part of your compensation for work?
Yes, that's generally how it works 😃

It generally doesn't help attract employees if you continually claw back benefits. Which the CAF has done for years.

You should see my relocation package. Makes Brookfield look like a joke, and it is a joke!

It generally doesn't help attract employees if you continually claw back benefits. Which the CAF has done for years.

You should see my relocation package. Makes Brookfield look like a joke, and it is a joke!

Just don't mention the pay being raised on a regular basis in line with inflation, and a pay system that never fails to ensure your cheque is automatically deposited on time without fail ;)

Just don't mention the pay being raised on a regular basis in line with inflation, and a pay system that never fails to ensure your cheque is automatically deposited on time without fail ;)
Actually was talking about that with some long time employees the other day. Of course, like any place, there are issues that get worked through, but one thing they all agreed was that the Company had never stiffed them on pay and the cheques never bounce. My employees actually pay themselves and are their own time keepers.

The CAF pay systems pay based on the data input.

If you have a history of the unit employing you on a part time basis not paying properly or on time, that's a leadership and management failure, not a failure of the computer system.

Everyone knows Brookfield is a joke.

Given some of the places that you can be relocated to, I’d expect nothing less than a gold-plated relocation package.

Relocation has always been a joke and just got worse when they took it from the clerks to contract it out. It was a bit fun at first explaining to the "move expert" what my entitlements actually were, showing her the regulation in their own document and waiting for her to verify with the supervisor that I was right. Got tiring real quick though as every move they tried to deny something only to send me a cheque within a year with a nice letter explaining that upon audit it was found that I was right and entitled to it. Do they even train the staff or read the regulations?? Personally I think they should do away with it. Update the CFM every year with a move rate for in Canada and give that to the members. Here you go, $40k for the move sign here and go, spend it how you want but RFD on X date. Move your crap, sell it and buy new, do a mix, whatever you want. What we would save in administration of the moves would probably balance everything out close enough and save on all the headache. I know for me it would be most stuff garbage, rent a van, load it up and road trip for the family. Out-can would naturally be a little trickier, need some additional funding along with special claim for some items but could be administered by the military vice needing a contractor as it is a relatively a low number.
That happens for other than politicians? You mean pay systems can actually fully function in places?

He’s definitely gone weird.

When he gets confronted with something he uses word salads and explains that things are hard to define so without definition it’s hard to explain etc.

But on men and women he never hesitates to define.

He deflects a lot. Some of his debating opponents have called him out more than once on that sort of thing.

And now he's back where he wants to be: in the limelight ;)

Supreme Court of Canada won't hear Jordan Peterson's social media training appeal​

College of Psychologists of Ontario called commentator's social media posts 'degrading'​

Back