• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Relationships

What is your current relationship status?

• Single

Votes: 57 48.7%
  • Have a GF/BF

Votes: 29 24.8%
  • Married

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Divorced

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
DG-41 said:
{quote]Though supply females may be able to obtain some of that gucci kit you hide behind the counters, that's the bonus!

"I don't want it to look like you get special treatment because I'm married to you!"

I get to see it. I get to know when it is coming in. But no touchee untill everybody else has it.   :crybaby:

DG

Yep....you sound like my husband!!!
It's all a part of our evil plan!!  :dontpanic:

recceguy said:
Also because a certain Sgt knows a certain Warrant would be looking across the counter with a raised eyebrow asking WTF?   ;) ;D

Hey do I know you??  ;D

recceguy said:
Don't think so, but DG-41 does.

Well, I don't think I know him, but my husband always has the same complaints..... ;D

But I am pretty sure he is obviously married to a 911 who is just like me and the rest of us 911 wives married to the "0" trades out there whose greatest wish for our careers is hoping we will one day work at Clothing!!  ;D

Recceguy is from my unit, and I am married to the unit quartermaster.

This provides much opportunity for merriment at my expense.  ::)

Hey, she was in the band when I married her - her subsequent remuster to Bin Rat (and my commission; we were both privates when we met) was never part of the official plan.

More seriously though, being married across the Great Divide between Officer and NCO poses all sorts of challenges. When it comes to work, we have to keep things strictly professional at all times, we can't share unit gossip (what is said in the mess stays in the mess - true even with your spouse) and basically we have to bust hump to make sure our conduct vis a vis our relationship is always 100% above board and beyond reproach.

This is a lot of work and a serious pain in the ***. But it is also very necessary. When Alpha there goes to the mess and bitches about his troop leader, he has to feel confident that I'm not going to hear about it from my Niner Domestic (and I won't - I wouldn't ask for secrets, and if I did, not only would she not tell, she'd chew my *** off for asking too) Same thing going in the other direction.

Sadly, that doesn't stop people from assuming the worst.... but that's just human nature I guess.

DG

I've gotten to a point where I try to avoid dating in the military...specifically in my unit...

Dating itself, when in the military, can be....tedious.. as previously mentioned, it can interfere with drunkeness!

Sig_Des said:
I've gotten to a point where I try to avoid dating in the military...specifically in my unit...

Dating itself, when in the military, can be....tedious.. as previously mentioned, it can interfere with drunkeness!

i heard it was best to date people on your own courses and units  ;)

NO NO NO .....don't do it. Dating within the same unit.....big no no....seen it go south, way to fast and then people are trying to get moved around. Big messy mess  :threat:

I think this saying applies to the military too:

"Don't dip your pen in the company ink"

RangerRay said:

and "don't swim in the office pool". Or "Keep you indiscretions 5 miles from the flagpole".

Personally, I can't even commit to a brand of cigarettes  ;D

RangerRay said:

Unless the company ink thinks you are a different pen.  Learned from a good E&E class. ;D

I met my hubby when he was in Victoria for his 3's course.
Back then he absolutely refused to date anyone in the CF because he felt it would be too hard on the relationship. We met, we connected, and because I had dated CF guys before, I was already "trained" for the CF spouse position so I think it made our transition from casually dating to committed much easier.

Now that I am joining I think that there will definitely be some struggles, but in the long run it will be well worth the work involved.

Much easier, when in place before your both in the same place.

Most of my relationships have been somewhat related to my part-time jobs.

However, relationships in school (and a fulltime job where you are both there say 9-5) is totally different in my mind. 

It depends on the circumstances I guess.  You also can't control who you fall for too though.

Sadly, I am single.  Dundurn isn't the best place to find someone.  :'(

mtrabant said:
Sadly, I am single.   Dundurn isn't the best place to find someone.     :'(
Fifteen miles down the road is the city of Saskatoon.   A 'University Town'.   Put down your beer, get rid of the bar fridge and get out of your room in the shacks.  ::)

hey,
relationships shouldnt be that hard when youre in the army, like ya u wont see them every second of the day. but if u truely love them and if u are commited. then it shouldnt be a problem, Youll always have something to look forward to when you go home  :)

Kittenn said:
hey,
relationships shouldnt be that hard when youre in the army, like ya u wont see them every second of the day. but if u truely love them and if u are commited. then it shouldnt be a problem, Youll always have something to look forward to when you go home   :)

If only it worked that way!! Number of serious relationships cut short due to military life and it's difficulties: 2, and working on it

I try to only have relationships with people who can spell things like "you" and generally try to stay away from those who have issues with capitalization, punctuation and well, general intelligence. >:D

Back