• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Release Item 5F - Questions Release or Reenrollment (Merged)

So basically, what they say about getting 5(f)'ed and not being able to get a gov job, etc. is not true?

Yes and no.

What you heard about 5 (f) is true.

When you get a dishonourable Release, the likelihood of you getting a government job is GREATLY REDUCED.

George Wallace said:
Yes and no.

What you heard about 5 (f) is true.

When you get a dishonourable Release, the likelihood of you getting a government job is GREATLY REDUCED.

As pointed out earlier in the thread, regardless of the connotation WE in the military give it, a 5F is noted on someone's service record as a honourable release.  That is all a prospective employer not familar will see and care about.

edited out the double quote

Sorry for my being vague, in that reply.  The third line was not in reference to 5 (f), but to "Dishonourable Release".

Even with a "Dishonourable Release" it is up to the HR person doing the hiring to do their homework and make an informed decision as to whether or not you would be offered a position in government employment.  The likelihood of you getting a government job would be greatly reduced, depending on who was doing the hiring.

Hello,

I received a 5f release in '97. I followed a few comments on here a applied to the archives and got the package with all the details. After going through with a "fine comb" several things popped right out of the page. So I had to write a few more requests to the CRA and dig out all my old tax records. 1st issue- my name was forged on several documents. 2nd issue- my rights guaranteed under the SCofC were violated (natural justice r v Dunsmier among several others) were not followed. 3rd issue- after comparing dates on record vs tax returns, the unit gave me t4s for years i did not serve (2 years). Which suggests to me the unit committed fraud for funding. 4th- In the package it stated I was sent a letter warning me to attend, vount. release , or suffer deal.  I followed that advice and was told to go home.  I feel i was given a raw deal. I believe i was given this deal because 90 or so days prior i placed a sexual harassment compliant against a Sgt and a MCpl who were very popular within the unit.
My question is what should I do now?

If you have proof of fraud and other wrongdoings by a Unit or individuals, contact your nearest MP section and report it.

Listen to what Recceguy said.  You wouldn't be the first soldier to get screwed around by a unit when it comes to getting released. If they forged your signature than they committed a crime, follow it up. You could also probably call the JAG.

Thanks for the info!!  I did call JAG and was given run around, transfered calls 5-6 times to get voicemail with no call backs

In regards to MP I assume Military Police?

Jones said:
Thanks for the info!!  I did call JAG and was given run around, transfered calls 5-6 times to get voicemail with no call backs

In regards to MP I assume Military Police?

Yes.

Hello all. This is probably going to get mostly comments about how I shouldn't have done it in the first place, so if you're going to say that, please understand that I've heard it and I get it.
I was in BMQ about five years ago, on my  way to a career that I was excited and hopeful about. I was a decent soldier (incident aside) and a good study. I am only human though, and this human also has a past of substance abuse. So, one weekend the boys all go out for a good time, and eventually, we wind up doing a bit of cocaine . . . fu@#ing stupid, I know. This immediately came to light and we were all called out on it. We have all since received 5(F) releases. That's my story.
Now, five years have passed, I have absolutely no substance issues since this for obvious reasons. I've hauled my ass out of the fire and since started a family with two children and am still working within the field (public sector) that I was going to be involved in for the CAF.
I'm hoping someone can give me an idea of how I might be able to re-enroll sucessfully to pursue my goal of service. Again, if you only want to say that I'm some useless druggy shit-pump, by all means do so, making you just another internet troll. I'm here to rebuild. Help an aspiring soldier be better.
Thanks for any information or contacts that might help.

javamac said:
I'm hoping someone can give me an idea of how I might be able to re-enroll sucessfully to pursue my goal of service.

This topic may help.

Issues upon release, that come back to haunt you, like a 5F ... 
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/102903.50

Your most valuable and timely asset to get a proper answer to your question, is go talk to the Recruiting Centre.

No matter what you're told here, or by visiting other links, ultimately you will still have to go visit the CFRC and they will have the final word.

Go get that word, before you get your hopes up\ dashed by internet opinion or going down the rabbit hole of link after link..

As mentioned in previous threads (and I am surprised Recceguy didn't merge this with the others), nothing stops you (or anyone) from re-applying.  That said DAOD 5002-1 http://www.admfincs-smafinsm.forces.gc.ca/dao-doa/5000/5002-1-eng.asp is pretty clear.

"In accordance with QR&O paragraphs 6.01(2) and (4), unless special authority is personally obtained from the Chief of the Defence Staff (CDS), an applicant with former service shall not be enrolled if released:

■as medically unfit;
■for inefficiency;
■with a conduct assessment below “good” or equivalent, other than a conduct assessment below “good” or equivalent that was based upon conviction for which a pardon has been granted under the Criminal Records Act; or
for misconduct.

For applicants with former CF service, the above includes any release from the CF under Item 1 (misconduct), 2 (unsatisfactory service), 3(a) (medically unfit for further service), 5(d) (not advantageously employable) or 5(f) (unsuitable for further service) of the Table to QR&O article 15.01, Release of Officers and Non-Commissioned Member. For applicants with former service in any other military force or the RCMP, the above includes any reason analogous to one of these Items.

The recruiting centre MAY process your file and start the paperwork for that CDS waiver, however you really really need to convince them that it is worth their time and effort to do so (ie you furthered your education, did community/volunteer service)

Nothing is impossible, however that is the official policy, and if the people at your nearest CFRC are competent and on the ball, they will tell you the same thing.

Just so you know this is what they are releasing you for.

QR&0 Vol 1 Ch15, Section 1,  15.01 RELEASE OF OFFICERS AND NON-COMMISSIONED MEMBERS states:

5 Service Completed
(f) Unsuitable for Further Service. Applies to the release of an officer or non-commissioned member who, either wholly or chiefly because of factors within his control, develops personal weakness or behaviour or has domestic or other personal problems that seriously impair his usefulness to or impose an excessive administrative burden on the Canadian Forces

I do not know where to begin but, today my MWO pulled me into the office with my CO, CWO, DCO and Maj and informed me that they are actioning a 5F release on me for administrative burden or something of those lines so here is the quick and short story. Currently I am in the AF reg force and throughout out my short time in (7 years) I have had a few bumps on the road at the start in Basic a few PO failings manly because I was not used to the massive workload that was to come, more like did not expect it. The same happened in my QL3 however the problems I had in my QL3 were a bit different instead of failing from work load I was failing because of my fault I had a bad addiction but finally managed to over come it and finished my course with great marks. After I completed my training I went off to my new unit and a few bumps in the road nothing major i was promoted to Corporal. This is where everything really begins. Currently I have been charged for AWOL and Forgery of a military Document all of these were done in summary trial except my last charge which was a court marshall. I was found guilty on everything, around June time frame last year I was charged the final time which this one went to court marshall, once I had a Jag appointed to me she read my file and asked me why I did not grieve my previous charge as they had no grounds or proof that I forged a document. She showed me all the information etc.. and yes I did not forge any document if you are wondering. During this time I have been working in a small office with a few people and felt like my life has been improving before most of this started I was going through a financial crysis and the stress from home and work I was going through was not really helping. So i decided to seek medical help back in August to help me with my stress and other issues was going through, I am currently still attending the councilors and feel it is helping. However with the problems I had my unit did not once offer help to me or try to get me help they just kept tossing me as side, I didn't finally seek this help until I felt my life was about to implode.

Well that is the short part of the story so what I was wondering how do I go about all of this? if you need me to explain anything in more detail I can if you need more information. least to say even though I have made many mistakes in my past I am trying to show I want to keep my career however my CO and CoC still pushed the 5F release.

There is no need to post this more than once....and nice edit to your original post.

BTW the MODS moved it there for a reason, posting it again will gain you nothing...

MILNET.CA MENTOR

NFLD Sapper said:
Just so you know this is what they are releasing you for.

QR&0 Vol 1 Ch15, Section 1,  15.01 RELEASE OF OFFICERS AND NON-COMMISSIONED MEMBERS states:

5 Service Completed
(f) Unsuitable for Further Service. Applies to the release of an officer or non-commissioned member who, either wholly or chiefly because of factors within his control, develops personal weakness or behaviour or has domestic or other personal problems that seriously impair his usefulness to or impose an excessive administrative burden on the Canadian Forces

We have a whole topic on 5F Releases and do not need more topics to cover the same facts over and over again.  Please read the topic and find answers to your questions. 

Like the military, if you want to become an administrative burden here, somehow thinking you may be somehow more special than the rest of us, we can give you a 5F from this site in the form of "Permanent BAN". 

TOPIC LOCKED

George
army.ca Staff

After reading the DAOD 5019-2 I and the QR&O 15.01, it does say that I am able to provide a written representation to the AA. This I assume would be in the form of a memo? I am not too sure as being just finding this all out today. So would anyone have any advice on what I should do?

Back