• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserves in Shilo

• Thread starter maritime_recruit
  • Start date
M

maritime_recruit

Hello all,
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me something about Base Shilo, in Manitoba. I am signed up and have been accepted into the comm reserve in shilo for the summer but i have only seen one picture of it and know the basics of what to expect.
I am only 16, live in NB, and i am not really a big kid, and i was wondering if a guy of 5'6 135 pounds, in decent physical condition can handle something like this. :-\
I am really excited for it and can't stop thinking about what Shilo is going to be like. ???

So if any of you have been there or know alot about whats its like to live there for a couple months could you give me some input,
Thanks a lot :)

i guess on the same note sorry i cant answer your question but rather then start a new thread, i was wondering if anybody knows what ol' aldershot is like in Nova Scotia..thanks

I grew up in Shilo but it has been a few years since I've been back home.  I can't say what your training will be like but I can tell you that there is a coffee shop, grocery store, and department store in the Canex.  I think there is a Pizza Hut take out there as well.  There is also a gym, pool and theatre.  At least I think the theatre is still there!  I've been in Nova Scotia for the past 11 years and I would prefer the Manitoba summer over the humid martime summer.  But then on the other hand they have alot more mosquitos out there and tons of grasshoppers!!  Your closest city is Brandon and that is about 20 minutes away.  I guess I have a soft spot for Shilo since I lived there for about 17 years!  It may be in the middle of the prairies but I don't think it will be all that bad spending the summer there.  Good luck with your training!

Thanks alot,
that sounds great,
i am in Rothesay, New brunswick right now so manitoba is pretty far away for me,
but i am sure i will get used to it fast.
thanks again

Back