• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Rogers - Crappiest customer service EVER!

Armymedic

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Mentor
Reaction score
Is it just me or does Rogers just like to piss off people who would like to give them money? After the Ipod phone fiasco, and my latest attempt to access internet thru them in Borden I am thinking Rogers must have the WORST customer service in the world.

My buddy spent 5 calls, and no less than 2 hours just trying to get internet and phone into his barrack room in Borden. And now that he finally got thru...he had to wait a week for a rep to do the the installation.

He, I called twice, got no help because apparently my room (just down the hall from my buddy) does not exist. I waited a week for them to call back. No call back.

Screw them, I'm going Bell.

Anyone else having that fun with Rogers?

Waited over an hour to get in touch with a rep to change something with my cell plan....then it hung up on me.

Called again....I hung up after 45 minutes.

Absolutely horrible, mind you Bell is no better either.

Regards

Bell is not great, but atleast they will try to answer your call, or help you out.

I had a young Cpl from Newfoundland working for me at the Infantry School.  He was being excessively charged for his plan, and in the end found it cheaper to pay the $200 cancellation fee than to continue with Rogers.  He found that Aliant gave him better Service and better rates. 

Right now Telus, even with their Text Message Scam/Fees, is on a massive telemarketing spree to get new customers.  They are calling me daily.  I am getting ruder by the day with all these telemarketers.  I can't wait for that new legislation to come into affect.

I have hung in there with Bell, but they often piss me off.  I just love talking to someone in India about my problems with the internet here.  ::)

George Wallace said:
Right now Telus, even with their Text Message Scam/Fees, is on a massive telemarketing spree to get new customers.  They are calling me daily.  I am getting ruder by the day with all these telemarketers.  I can't wait for that new legislation to come into affect.

George you should register with http://ioptout.ca/

I like you used to receive daily telemarketing calls. I heard about the above website on the news one night, registered and now no more calls.  :)

*cross my fingers* As soon as I post this, things will hit the fan.  ::)

For the past three months, we have had no issues with Rogers cable or internet. Anytime we have had to call them, we have been lucky to get through with minimal wait times and have been able to get answers right away.  The only drawback so far is their constant push to add on new items like local telephone, new cable channels ect...

I've just been posted so obviously must change area codes.  My family has three cell phones.  I called Rogers and a pleasant Lady spent almost 45 minutes going through my options.  They came down to:

1.  Cancelling all three phones at a cost of $1200 (!!!)
2.  Changing plans at an additional cost of $90 per month
3.  Adding Canada long distance charge of $20 per phone per month.

Absolutely no flexibility for CF members.

Read the fine print.  I'm not asking for a free ride, but as a customer of Roger's for over 12 years and military member obligated to move some consideration might be in order.

Otto Fest said:
I've just been posted so obviously must change area codes.  My family has three cell phones.  I called Rogers and a pleasant Lady spent almost 45 minutes going through my options.  They came down to:

Read the fine print.  I'm not asking for a free ride, but as a customer of Roger's for over 12 years and military member obligated to move some consideration might be in order.

Assuming that your family has only cell phones, if you check your IRP package, you will be reimbursed the cost of options 2 as it is the closest phone plan to your current home plan.  We have not had a home phone line for over 10 years now and moved with the CF 3 times now. Anytime we move, if the phone plan does not match 100%, the move pays the extra charge to make it match. If you chose to add an expense or to enter into a "loyalty plan" those costs are at your risk.

Otto Fest said:

There are plans specifically for CF members with some of the different "Providers". 

Out of curiosity, are all these family members moving with you, or are they your parents and siblings?  If they are not moving with you on your posting, simply "pass" on your phone to another sibling and get a new Service at the other end.

If it is all your immediate family/dependents and they are moving with you, calculate which will be cheaper in the long term; continuing with the Service or cancelling it and paying the cancellation fees.  Sometimes the potential loss of a longterm customer will result in them bending over backwards to give you the deal/Service you desire.

Prairie Dog said:
Screw them, I'm going Bell.

Bell is no better.

The Wife and I both have Bell Cell phones, our home phone is with Bell, we have Sympatico Highspeed and we have Bell Satellite... All of which have been a nightmare.

When we moved into our place, we were told that Phone, Internet and Satellite were going to be connected on roughly the same date, within a week of moving in... yeah.. not so much.  Phone took about a week and a half, satellite wasn't going for another month, and internet took almost 2 months... needles to say, we complained and got some rebates and refunds on stuff, but no amount of free/cheap service is compensation enough for the annoyance of dealing with their crap-ass customer service.  We would literally call Bell, put the phone on speaker and go do other things around the house until we heard the hold music end... usually took no less than 45 min.  Then, half the time, we'd be put in contact with the wrong person, which took another 20 min to transfer to the right person.

Their Mobil service is no better; we started with the big promotional packages with all the extras; call waiting, voice mail, caller ID, etc.  And were told we could cancel any service any time with no cost...  Once the introductory rates ended and the price went up, we canceled options we never used... they screwed that up completely; canceling the wrong options and continuing to bill us for them anyway.  Trying to sort that out was even worse, as their support and billing departments are two separate entities who, apparently, know nothing about each other besides referring to one another when it's "not their job."

Even when we thought we were getting a good deal, we got hosed... About 2 months ago, we got a Bell HD/PVR box for the living room to replace the PVR we had in there.  This was a FREE promotional offer; upgrade for free, no installation, no extra cost for the box... And it even involved installing a second line from the dish to the box.  So when the service tech came to sort it out (after the appointment was canceled and rebooked 5 times) we asked about keeping the old PVR for our bedroom... No problem, there's already a line and it would be just like renting another box.  We called it into Bell and everything seemed good to go.  The tech told us to just ignore the return box when it came in the mail and the rental would just be added to our monthly bill...  Yeah... nice and simple, eh?
Well, yesterday, we got a huge bell bill which included the cost for installation of the HD PVR and a larger rental fee; exactly what they said WASN'T going to happen... as well as a $390 charge for "failure to return equipment"....  and the rental fee for 1XPVR.  This has taken 2 days to sort out.

Needless to say, I'm not impressed with Bell....  Since moving into my first house (2 years ago) I have filed 5 complaints with the BBB regarding Bell.  And why do I stay with them? 'cause they're cheaper than Rogers... even if they're just as bad (my brother-in-law has Rogers and hates them too)... So, it's the lesser of two evils.

Anyway... I don't think you're going to find a provider which doesn't have huge flaws in customer service; that's just par for the course.

I agree with RHFC_piper's comments, Bell is no better.

When we moved from the East coast to Borden in June it took us five full days of physically waiting in a Bell office to get our phones transferred from Aliant to Bell, even though Bell now owns Aliant. If we had of both been employed as instructors, those five days would have been spread over weeks in order to get the issues sorted out.  >:D

Now that everything is up and running, Bell is not too bad. The only reason we stayed with them though it all was our mistake in signing a loyalty agreement (cost $1200 to get out of), that is not covered by the CF when you move.

I've been with Bell since the beginning. Only had one outage, and that was a farmer in his backhoe tearing up the cable ::) I remind them every once in a while what a loyal customer I am, and they give me perks ;)

I'm going through a big hassle with Rogers right now. When I left Borden I didn't have time to stop at a Rogers store to drop off my modem. So as I was in my hotel here in Edmonton I dropped it off at the store across the street. The rep there had no idea what I was returning (Rogers doesn't offer high speed cable net out here) and therefore didn't know how to return it properly. The guy didn't give me a receipt (which I am now very much regretting, as I should know better) and I am now being subject to calls at 7 am, that I promptly ignore (too busy getting to work). Rogers now wants $115 for a modem I returned and they lost. I don't think so. Screw Rogers, I'll never deal with them again.

Nice to see I am not the only one. (misery does love company).

Could it be that service with all telecom companies is brutal in the CFB Borden area?

Cause, to be honest, I have had no serious issues with Bell in the last 10 yrs I have lived in Pet, and I have the full meal deal (Phone, Sat TV, Internet, and wireless x2).
recceguy said:
I've been with Bell since the beginning. Only had one outage, and that was a farmer in his backhoe tearing up the cable ::) I remind them every once in a while what a loyal customer I am, and they give me perks ;)

And I think being a allround customer with them does help.

Prairie Dog, to be honest, setting up my account was easy. I stopped Casey when he was setting up my buddy's room and he did it then, on the spot. It's the return that's pissing me off. The only reason it didn't go back when I was still in Borden was the lack of time I had before catching my plane. I should have made the time, oh well.

Chapeski said:
I'm going through a big hassle with Rogers right now. When I left Borden I didn't have time to stop at a Rogers store to drop off my modem. So as I was in my hotel here in Edmonton I dropped it off at the store across the street. The rep there had no idea what I was returning (Rogers doesn't offer high speed cable net out here) and therefore didn't know how to return it properly. The guy didn't give me a receipt (which I am now very much regretting, as I should know better) and I am now being subject to calls at 7 am, that I promptly ignore (too busy getting to work). Rogers now wants $115 for a modem I returned and they lost. I don't think so. Screw Rogers, I'll never deal with them again.

Well.  Without that Receipt, you are screwed and left holding all responsibility for the item.  If you had the receipt, you could fax it to them and get them off your back.  Now they can legally collect the money from you, or totally ruin your Credit Rating.  Just think of your next major purchase, and wonder if it will happen or not?

Chapeski said:
I stopped Casey when he was setting up my buddy's room and he did it then, on the spot.

From what I hear this Casey guy is the only Rogers rep who can get it done in P-198.

George Wallace said:
Well.  Without that Receipt, you are screwed and left holding all responsibility for the item.  If you had the receipt, you could fax it to them and get them off your back.  Now they can legally collect the money from you, or totally ruin your Credit Rating.  Just think of your next major purchase, and wonder if it will happen or not?

I know, I'm just ticked because when I went to the store to follow up they didn't even know the guy I described giving the modem to. The fact they didn't recognized the description and it was only a month before. They've made notes to my file, and looked in the warehouse, but haven't found it yet. I can't in good conscience give them that kind of money for something I returned. I shouldn't have to pay for them screwing up.

Chapeski said:
I know, I'm just ticked because when I went to the store to follow up they didn't even know the guy I described giving the modem to. The fact they didn't recognized the description and it was only a month before. They've made notes to my file, and looked in the warehouse, but haven't found it yet. I can't in good conscience give them that kind of money for something I returned. I shouldn't have to pay for them screwing up.

While it was them that screwed up, the blame also falls to you for not getting a receipt. You can fault them all you like, but you're wearing this one because of something you didn't do.

Perhaps contacting a Senior Customer Service rep and explaining your situation calmly and succinctly may alleviate your problem.

Back