• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Role of Officer vs job of NCM [Merged]

OceanBonfire said:
You could go to an information session at your local reserve unit. You can be an officer in a reserve unit, literally work full time hours, and receive the same benefits as a regular force member.

I would ask specifically at the unit about that. 

Unless you're working a Class C contract, and I'm not sure how many of those there are in the PRes world nowadays, you don't get paid the same.  If you're working Class B (still "full time") you're only getting paid 85%.  Also, Reservists do not get the same benefits as Reg Force folks.

Dimsum said:
I would ask specifically at the unit about that. 

... Also, Reservists do not get the same benefits as Reg Force folks.

I asked them about that when I went to an information session at my local Reserve unit and they told me that it does for Class C. I was skeptical since it's the Reserves.

Class C do receive more benefits but most likely your only going to see that contract if your deployed.

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update. I walked into my CFRC today and talked to a recruiter there. A few things I learned today that might be of benefit to other applicants:
- A 1-year wait for DEO applicants is nothing unusual. It is not necessarily an indication of a weak application. It's just how timing works out for certain occupations. There is a lot of DEO applicants that have been waiting who are in a similar situation.
- The last DEO BMOQ for 2018 will start on September 10th.
- Most offers to go on September BMOQ will likely be made by the end of June 2018.
- If you are applying as a DEO and if you don't hear by the end of this June, chances are, you will not be in this September BMOQ.
- You will, likely, need to wait until 2019 or beyond it.

If anybody is interested, in the very specific case of my application, I was strongly advised not to switch to NCM until the end of June, but wait for 1 more month. If I am not selected as a DEO in 2018, CFRC will be very happy to process me as an NCM. Interview and medical will need to be redone, but that is not a big deal. So far, everything sounded fair to me.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Back