• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2011-2012

I just contacted CFRC Winnipeg. I was not selected due to "competition" for the March 23rd selection. That is all the info he could provide. I am supposed to await further details.

jwtg said:
Anyone else receive an offer to RMC even though they applied to Civi U?  Or vice versa?  I feel kind of bad accepting an offer for RMC when my preference is VERY MUCH to go to Civi U- but I understand it is an offer and I take it or leave it.

That does seem very odd to me too.

I just received a call from my recruiter at CFRC Toronto telling me I was accepted into ROTP as an Infantry Officer (my first choice). I'm just finishing my second year at U of T, so I'll be staying there. He also said that I was one of very few applicants selected to attend civilian university, so take that for what you will. But either way I'm elated and best of luck to the rest of you.

Gimpy said:
I just received a call from my recruiter at CFRC Toronto telling me I was accepted into ROTP as an Infantry Officer (my first choice). I'm just finishing my second year at U of T, so I'll be staying there. He also said that I was one of very few applicants selected to attend civilian university, so take that for what you will. But either way I'm elated and best of luck to the rest of you.

Congrats!!

Hopefully I get my call from Toronto soon.

Gimpy said:

Yeah they are hiring less Civi U then RMC students this year, which is unfortunate

Still waiting for my call. I tried phoning them, but I go their answering machine. Left a message requesting more info.

Gimpy: Congratulations on your selection for Infantry Officer. That's my first trade as well!  :)

Maverick94 said:
I thought they always hired more students for RMC than civvy u?

To my knowledge, and my knowledge might be totally wrong, civvy U officer candidates are the ones who qualified for RMC but there weren't enough spaces at RMC for them, or officer candidates who wanted to go to a civilian university instead and still made the grade for ROTP.

I feel like there are lots of applications that were seemingly strong that are getting declined. There must be some pretty tight competition this year. Hopefully the wait ends pretty soon for those of you still wondering, and I hope that good news heads your way. (I can say that honestly now that I have my offer, I couldn't say it before, because for every offer that was given out was one less slot that I could have occupied, even though that is rather selfish). Good luck though guys.

Have they told anybody they are going to CMR. Because now that I think about it, the recruiter told me I was going to RMC. But didn't specify whether it was RMC Kingston or RMC St. Jean. I assumed when she said RMC, she meant Kingston but I haven't seen any posts about CMR yet so maybe they haven't decided who is going to Kingston or St. Jean yet?

For those still wondering. I think everyone has a chance of making it in. My average marks aren't amazing. Maybe high 70's, Low 80's was my average on the application. And I got accepted as an AEC(my 3rd choice, but the RC said I had more potential in AEC because of my high CFAT score.)

Bowen said:
For those still wondering. I think everyone has a chance of making it in. My average marks aren't amazing. Maybe high 70's, Low 80's was my average on the application. And I got accepted as an AEC(my 3rd choice, but the RC said I had more potential in AEC because of my high CFAT score.)

That puts me more at ease, since my marks were around that. What were your extracurriculars? If you don't mind me askin'.

Just some information for those of you who applied for CMR.  I spoke to my hubby yesterday who is at BMQ right now and 3 of his 4 section commanders were sent to CMR.  They were told that they are taking in more OCdts at CMR this year than they usually do, therefore, more instructors were needed on Campus Fort St-Jean (CMR).  Hope this gives a little more hope :)

Cool, I applied to CMR  ;D

Well, no phonecall for me today, since CFRC Saskatoon is now closed. Oh well, hopefully tomorrow will bring good news.

PrairieBoy said:
Cool, I applied to CMR  ;D

Well, no phonecall for me today, since CFRC Saskatoon is now closed. Oh well, hopefully tomorrow will bring good news.

Yeah I applied for CMR too. I checked off all the options too increase possibly chances. ahah

Do they often send people who already have a year in university or time in the CF to CMR?

pudd13 said:
I feel like there are lots of applications that were seemingly strong that are getting declined. There must be some pretty tight competition this year. Hopefully the wait ends pretty soon for those of you still wondering, and I hope that good news heads your way. (I can say that honestly now that I have my offer, I couldn't say it before, because for every offer that was given out was one less slot that I could have occupied, even though that is rather selfish). Good luck though guys.

I'm not 100% sure I understand your post? Are you saying that you didn't want to tell people, because people would know there was 1 less spot available?

runormal said:
I'm not 100% sure I understand your post? Are you saying that you didn't want to tell people, because people would know there was 1 less spot available?

He's saying that before he couldn't honestly say he hopes good news heads our way because he wanted to be accepted and for every other offer given was one less possible spot for him. Not that he's accepted he can honestly say "good luck".

Back